• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VOIP&Softphone Status:Registered (idle) cant call in or

Status
Not open for further replies.

br0ck

Reaction score
Hi,
First timer and i am not getting to far

here is my setup
Windows 2003 server in data center behind Cisco PIX firewall / NAT
Via Talk Voip provider w/ BYOD Service 1 line Status: Registered (idle)
X-lite 3.0 Soft phone Status: Registered (idle)

I can do extension to extension calling (SoftPhone to SoftPhone)
dont have any sip phones yet
inbound calls go to the viatalk voice mail after 3 rings

first ring server logs
17:09:19.453 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Incoming call from Ln:10000@ViaTalk to sip:[email protected]:5060

end of second server logs
17:09:34.796 CallConf::Rejected Call (C:3) is rejected: Destination is not answering
17:09:34.796 StratInOut::eek:nCancel Call from Ln:10000@ViaTalk to 305 has been terminated; reason:

Outbound calls
nothing is logged on the server and i get Call Failed: Request timed out on the SoftPhone

Help
any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Hi

What ports have you opened? Have you opened the 9000 range?

Can you make an outbound call and post the full server status log? This will show the ports on which 3Cx wishes to place the call. These have to be open.

Note just 5060 is not enough, that port is only for SIP protocol traffic. The actual VOICE data goes over RTP at a higher port say 9000.

ensure the Stun port is open too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.