Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voip Template will not show up.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sorebuttcheek, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorebuttcheek

Hi all,

Bit of a noob here,

I been trying to get a voip template to show up.

I have copied the .pv.xml and .png files to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\templates\provider

restarted all services, waited 3 minutes and relogin.

tried restarting server

tried installing 3cx on another machine. and repeating above steps.

it just refuses to show up

the files can be found here, maybe there not compatible with the latest version of 3cx?
    https://www.australianphone.com.au/supp ... 7-3cxphone

Cheers.
    sbc

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I assume you are using Version 14? There may very well be some incompatibility. I would contact them to ask if the files have been tested to work with the most recent version of 3CX (if not then they need to update their website), and if the location, where the files are to go, is still correct.

3. sorebuttcheek

I have just also tried editing the RegistrarHost on a existing template. and restarting services and restarting machine.

the change does not update.

I have confirmed the directory on 3cx website
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/voip-provider-template/

I'm lost on this?

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

It is likely in the wrong place.. I derped when v14 moved where custom phone templates go now.

x:\ProgramData\3CX\Instancex\Data\Http\Interface\Provisioning\quertyuiop\CustomTemplates\phones

My phone customization landed under Phones.. which "Phones" also appears to be based at C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones.. a peer to "Provider".

Thus, my guess would be you need to drop your template into x:\ProgramData\3CX\Instancex\Data\Http\Interface\Provisioning\quertyuiop\CustomTemplates\provider

The link to that support doc does look like pre-14.. things moved again with 14 as always (multi-tenant).
    I suppose that may also mean that such customizations are tenant/instance-specific.. didn't think of that until now but yeah.
    If I wanted to ITSP, I'd might like some global custom templates available..

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Perhaps there is something (incorrect?) in the xml file that causes it to show up somewhere other than under Australian providers. Although, if I had to guess, I would think it would be this... <description>AU</description>

Sorry, posted this before I had seen Ian posted the same suggestion.

6. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Correction and update:

I dropped those two files here:

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\provider

And I saw it show up on our page to add a new trunk provider.
    No restarts were necessary.
    Removed them from that folder.. checked again.. no more Australian Phone Company.

Great.. now Beds Are Burning is playing in my head..

7. sorebuttcheek

Hi,

Thanks Ian,

working now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.