VOIP trunk disconnects

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rhollingsead@fabricimages.com, Apr 5, 2018.

1. rhollingsead@fabricimages.com

I'm seeing some behavior when I make changes to the system. When I make changes to DID numbers on extensions, my trunk seems to disconnect right at that time. Is that expected behavior or is it just odd coincidental timing? I didn't see this before with my PRI/Patton connection.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What is the 3CX Activity Log showing, as the reason for the disconnect? Can you replicate the issue?

craigreilly likes this.
  3. rhollingsead@fabricimages.com

This is what it shows: [CM504005]: Registration failed for: Lc:10001(@appia Main Account[<sip:7007294001@7007294001.siptrunking.appiaservices.com:5060>]); Cause: Cause: 491 Request Pending/REGISTER from 205.196.170.135:5060

I'll have to try and replicate later as my coworkers don't like it when the outside lines go down. :) But the connection has been pretty solid for the last month, and the last time I edited the DID numbers it went down as well, multiple times (I was assigning all the DID's as we had just completed the number porting between our old provider and the new trunking service.)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If a call is in progress, then there should be a log that shows it "end", hopefully gracefully. In other words a BYE message sent from one end or the other. The true test will be to see if you can cause this to happen deliberately. If so, then I'd avoid doing changes when you know it will affect users. The issue may not be something that can be easily fixed, and may not be seen as being a bug, but simply an activity to be avoided during office hours..

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Is your trunk a "Generic" setup - or an approved provider?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

The setup doesn't matter. If you edit anything on the trunk (such as adding DIDs) it will force a re-registration if it is a registration-based trunk. Normally this shouldn't drop calls or otherwise cause issues. I'd check with Appia for their thoughts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

"shouldn't" matter... but obviously something is screwy.
    I make changes all the time... no issues that anyone has informed me of.
    My Generic Trunk is only to talk to send telemarketers to Lenny, so I do not make any changes there.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As @cobaltit on authentication bases trunks every time you make a change and press the OK button the trunk will re-register. My guess is that the re-registration at that point fails for some reason and the next re-registration must occur for the trunk to successfully register. I believe a wireshark capture on the server should point to the issue .