voipbuster and caller id

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hazet, Jul 1, 2007.

1. hazet

Hi all,

i am using 3cx with great pleasure, i have voipbuster as provider. Is it possible to show my caller id on the called phone ?

i tried all sort of settings but so no success.

if i use voipbuster directly (passing 3cx) then the caller id is showed on the display.

what do i forget ??

thanks in advance

regard, henk

2. DjCujo

I have the same problem.
    Some users here said that it works, but nobody posted his settings... Could someone who has it working place the settings / screenshots or something ??

3. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

for as far as my knowledge goes, try NOT setting any number display options.

I think usually its provided through the providor rather then the 3cx system.

Hope this helps.

4. DjCujo

I tried this, without any luck :(

5. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Hi what is the phone you are having sucess with (directly) ?

Voipbuster are providing DID through a 3rd party. What is the CID being displayed when you bypass 3CX ? Are you supplying any number you like ? Also where is the CID showing up ? a call to the PSTN ? or does it show up in a voip call ? (to another provider)

6. hazet

hi, thanks for the reaction

When i use the voipbuster softphone then the caller id is shown on the display of the receiving pstn device. it shows the caller id that i entered in the field caller id, this field has to be verified first.

i hope that i answered your questions

thanks again

regards henk

7. DjCujo

Hi,

Voipbuster won't pass any ID, just the ones u ferryfied with voipbuster.
    When i call directly with voipbuster it will shop the caller id on the recieving phone. When i use my Siemens C450IP with voipbuster it allso works fine, the id will shop up on the called party. I Tried all combinations in 3CX but i just can't figure it out :(

8. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

The VoIP buster phone does not use SIP. There is no way we can mimic their behaviour.

Anyhow I beleive the CID that shows up when you call is a random number of theirs. AFAIK if you call it back it will take you no where.

Let me know if you have different experience with this.

9. hazet

When i call with my SPA921 directly then the other site can see my number. Just entering and activating some options and my cid is shown.

When i call through the 3cx system the other side sees no number at all.

regards henk

10. novastar

I've read a lot of complaints about people with a Voipbuster account who can not use their verified number as outbound/caller-id number. The cause of this problem is a shortcomming of the 3CX PBX software. There isn't an option to use a separate login for registration and authentication which is needed to register your sip account and authenticate with your verified number. Unfortunetaly this is another issue for not using 3CX software besides the problem of not begin able to use an audio stream as 'music on hold' feature... 3CX, are you going to solve this in a reasonable time?

11. tazz

tazz New Member

Novastar. What free Phone System should one be using that you suggest?

12. alexgaia

I have the same problem with voipcheap....I have verified my number and passing from their client all is ok but from 3cx don't work...any suggest?

13. novastar

@Tazz: Well, besides the major shortcomming features, the 3CX PBX software is quiet a great product. Ofcourse you can start using Asterix, probably the most advanced open-source PBX with all kind of possibilities, but therefor you need a separate linux-based machine and if you don't want to pay for a nice GUI, you need to study a lot before you can setup the Asterix to do exactly what you want.

@Alexgaia: Like I said before, at this moment there is NO solution. 3CX must make an option to use a separate username for registration and authentication. Since this is a really small thing to integrate, I hope they will fix this (imho) major shortcomming very soon.