VOIPCheap Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jas07, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jas07

Hi Guys,

Has anyone been able to get the Caller ID to work on VOIPCheap with 3cx? Ive verified my number etc and everything works fine from the VOIPCheap Softphone but in 3CX its just coming up as withheld / private.

Any Help appreciated!
    Thanks
    Jas

2. mhanson

mhanson New Member

How does their Caller ID work? Is it applied on their end, or does it pass through your caller ID?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jas07

Hi,

Im not entirely sure, i presume it allow it to be passed through because using there own softphone allows you to set the ID to numbers you have verified.

It also works through Voxalot.com however using voxalot through 3CX leads to other problems with Audio.

Hope this is some help to you?

Thanks
    Jas

4. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Ok, I think I am starting to see what your set up is like.

How did you set your 3CX caller ID?

Here is a link to one of our articles that might work for you, follow these steps and see where you stand.

http://www.888voipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=27&nav=0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jas07

Think you've missed the link off matey!

6. jas07

Thanks for that, followed the guide and added everything as suggested however its still coming through as Withheld / Private

Any other ideas mate?

7. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Hmmm, What do you have in the From: User part field in the outbound parameters?

8. mhanson

mhanson New Member

You can go ahead and remove those changes I suggested by the way, want to make sure it doesnt come back to bite you later.

9. jas07

Ok Mate will do.

In the From: User Part ive got: "AuthID" Authentication

Thanks for trying to help by the way, appreciated.

10. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Change the From: User Part from AuthID to CallerNum, and it should pass your number.

11. jas07

Changed that and its still showing Withheld / Private mate, sorry this one is being such a pain!

12. ciscotech2007

Caller ID INBOUND into your 3CX system?

or

Caller ID OUTBOUND to your destinations?

-------------------------------

OUTBOUND Caller ID if not configured in 3CX is determined by your Voip provider, call them and verify your OUTBOUND SIP information.

INBOUND Caller ID is accepted by 3CX but if your using a PSTN gateway instead of a Voip provider there could be issues. User have reported Caller ID issues with linksys spa 3102, grandstream and patton units. If your using on of these PSTN units to connect your 3CX to copper phone lines (PSTN/POTS) you need to talk to the unit's distributor and check the firmware version and known caveats of the unit.

If your using a Voip provider for your OUTBOUND calls then INBOUND Caller ID information will be included in your SIP data that your 3CX system will recognize. You may be able to change your 3CX logging to verbose and confirm SIP INBOUND call information or wireshark the data;

http://wiki.3cx.com/Home/faq/sip-capture

13. jas07

Hi,

Its Caller ID OUTBOUND that im trying to get to work.

Thanks

14. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Hmm, This is a very odd cause, normally it would have worked (Or at least would have in my experiences :lol: )

Lets back up. When you took those steps that I originally added, with the remote ID info, what did you have set in your extension => Other tab in the outbound caller ID tab?

15. jas07

Yer, its driving me up the wall now! :lol: Ruddy thing!

In the Outbound Caller ID for my Profile ive got it set to an Auth Number starting with +44 ive also tried just the 01234 number as well and this made no difference!

Thanks for sticking with me!
    Jas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.