voipclient v6 - we still have incorrect indications

Discussion in 'Windows' started by GWN, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GWN

GWN

I'm getting some strange inconsistencies as well. Sometimes it reports people as being offline when they are online, and sometimes it doesn't show all the members of a call queue. If I login again it refreshes and normally lists users correctly. I'm using UDP.

Although the caller id now works (thank you!) there is no way to see the source of a call - ie whether the call is a direct dial, a call group or a call queue. This makes it hard to know whether to grab a call or not if you are on another handset. If it's a direct dial then I don't want to intercept it and want it to go to voice mail, but if it's a call queue and I'm free I want to be able to grab the call. Any ideas if this is going to be something that you guys are going to work on?

2. darrellchapman

Matt, why are you using TCP as opposed to UDP? I'm sure you have a good reason but I'd be curious to know why. Also, is this problem unique to Vista or does it happen in both XP and Vista? We have the client deployed to 60 machines and all are working correctly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. darrellchapman

Matt,

We are running the 32 call Enterprise Edition of 3CX Server. We have 62 extensions configured. Of those 56 are attached to a computer (XP Pro) and all run the 3CX VoIP Client. We have 18 or so GXP (2000, 2010, and 2020) phones and one PolyCom IP401 conference phone. We average 460 calls a day with a average duration of 2 minutes 41 seconds.

The server machine itself is a very cheap Dell Inspiron 931 with 2GB or memory running Windows 2003 Server Standard. I would have run XP on the server but I was concerned about the 20 connection limit XP has. I really didn't know if that applied in this situation or not and didn't want to risk it.

For the most part 3CX has been very stable although it lacks some of the features we were used to with our Toshiba Strata system we replaced. The main reason we went with 3CX was long distance. We cut our LD bill to less than 1/10th of what it normally was (and it was in the multiple $1000 range).

That maybe more info than you were looking for....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. darrellchapman

Sorry forgot one point of interest that others might find useful.

We have another building which is connected to the local lan via a wireless network bridge (for reasons which are beyond my control). They have a couple of phones over there and have no problems at all with quality over the wireless link.

5. darrellchapman

Yes we see all 60 extensions (it takes up five columns of extension lists) which is why I've put in several feature request in particulare to this problem:

1) The ability to resize the client window
    2) The ability to selectively choose which extensions should appear in each user's VoIP client (client chooses)
    3) The ability to globally choose which extensions should appear in each user's VoIP client (server admin chooses)

To be honest with you, I can see them changing quite a bit but I haven't really paid much attention as to whether they are accurate or not. I would assume they are since I can see the yellow "R" when someone's phone is ringing.

Funny thing happened (well, not really that funny). When I just went to compare the two status screens, my own client has 6 extensions that are showing gray. I read the a few people are having this very problem but this is the first I've actually seen it. I am running b610 any assistant is running b567 and he see the status just fine. The comparison between what is shown on my client's status and the server's line status page is not even close. I counted 18 different inconsistencies.

So Matt, I guess there is a problem with the latest build.

6. Thona

Add Grouping and Ordering to that - not all extensions are created equal ;)

7. darrellchapman

Matt,

Our system goes through phases where is shows the correct status and then incorrect status indicators. Have you found a solution to this yet?

8. darrellchapman

My server does meet the requirements. Hopefully this will be fixed soon as our receptionist doesn't really have a good indicator of whether someone is on the phone or not.

9. darrellchapman

Matt, do you have a support contract with 3CX? If so, did you submit this to them. If not, let me know and I'll submit it.

10. darrellchapman

No, I do not have an incident open on this.

11. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

From what I am seeing here relative to client presense , you are now able to reproduce this easily.

We are looking into this and woudl appreciate your input to trap the common factor.

With the 3CX server in verbose mode, run a capture on both the server and the client machine. At this point reproduce the issue and send us screenshots of client showing what is wrong, together with the captures and Verbose logs.

You can send these over via the support portal. Once we get the common factor we will have devs look into.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Matt,

Just to keep you updated, it seems the issue happens when the phone system has not been restarted for a while. It would be a good idea to let the system run for one or two odd days - you may start seeing the problem happening more often at which point you could send us the support information.

Thanks,

13. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The presence module relies on your network delivering updates in time to the client computers. The presence module has been stress tested under considerable load and appears to be working correctly. Its not unthinkable that not all the packets are being delivered to the client computer. Poor routing configuration, network load or routers priotizing packets differently can have considerable effect on the presence module. And of course the server in question should be running comfortably and meeting the minimum system requirements.

14. darrellchapman

Nick,

We too are having this problem, and while I do appreciate your reply, I don't think this is a bandwidth-related problem. All of the switches on our LAN are 1GB managed switches as well and while we do occasionally see 98% bandwidth usage this problem seems to happen in both heavy and minimal usage times.

Our server does meet the minimum specs: Athlon X2 4400+, 2GB Ram, 2x Gigabit Ethernet NIC and traffic to this machine is prioritized over everything else.

15. darrellchapman

Matt, you're having trouble with your desk phone indications as well? I missed that in your post...

I can't tell you what our desk phones are doing. I had a couple phones setup but when I switched to using the auto-provisioning in 3CX, my BLF indicators got wiped out (not too happy about that).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.