voipclient v6b610-windows error on startup on xp

Discussion in 'Windows' started by darrellchapman, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrellchapman

Matt,

I used to have this problem with a v5 beta on a couple of machines and I tracked it down to some registry entries created by the 3CX client during installation. Try uninstalling, searching for and deleting anything related to 3CX in the registry (obviously make a backup 1st), reboot, and reinstall.

Hope that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gpsjeff717

Yesterday, I upgraded from version 5 to version 6.0.610.0 on my winXP Pro system.
    I had to "re-run the installation" a 2nd time for it to complete the install. Then it worked ok.

I considered uninstalling the previous installation first, but thought I would just try re-running the installer again a 2nd time first. The 2nd time around, the client started up ok.

Had that not worked, then I would have certainly proceeded to do a complete uninstall before trying the reinstall again.

3. darrellchapman

I actually haven't performed a clean install of client so I'm not sure if this is just an upgrade issue or global issue. Has anyone had this problem with a clean install?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.