VoipDiscount config anyone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Elysium, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elysium

Hi,

I'm using 3CX phone system for a month and half now. I didn't have any major problems for now and I'm very satisfied with it. I'm using VoipDiscount from the beginning for my Voip provider, some weeks ago I added SipGate Germany for incoming calls from Germany and I'll add an additional provider this week.

My question is:

Does anybody has a config that would show a phone number I would specified at the remote client? I mean the phone that is called by someone from my system? It currently shows anonymous only. I know there are these settings for each line, I tried for a few times to make something but I gave up for now ;)

Thanks for any info.

2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

A lot of Betamax providers don' t show Caller ID, and will not allow you showing the Called ID you want. I read in a forum that a few years ago something would be possible there but I know that it is not possible now. They just don' t send that Called ID.
    So no chance..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Elysium

Thanks, I was asking because when you use their own client, you can set your phone number so the other party don't see you anonymous.

4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

have you tested it with their own client if it really works?
    I mean when it works with the software client you should be able to try it in 3CX
    In the settings of the provider you can configure how the call handling should be, what should be send with the SIP request etc. So only in case you tested it with their own software you can try it with 3cx, but more people tried and failed.
    The provider doens' t say in which part of the siphandling they send that ID so it is testing and testing

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Elysium

Yes. I used their client a few monts ago before I ever heard of 3CX phone system and it worked.

A few weeks ago I installed their client on my test computer again trying to monitor (Using WireShark) the traffic between the client and VoipDiscount server. What I found was that the data packets were very strange. My impression was that they don't use a standard SIP protocol. I wasn't able to read anything usefull from the data packets.

You set the Caller ID like this:
    1. open the VoipDiscount client
    2. Select Tools->Options...
    3. The lowest tab under options is called a Caller ID.

6. tgdfama1

Hi did you find any solution until now. Because I have the same problem!

7. sipero123

Hi,

One of the Betamax providers I use is smartvoip If you verify the CallerID via their softphone client then configure this as a Voip Trunk in 3CX this works for me.

Jonathan Hamon

8. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

To show your Caller ID all you need is to verify your Betamax account with Cell phone. You need to provide your Cell phone number in the Betamax user details. After this you can verify it by sending SMS from Betamax to this number. You receive a verification code that you have to enter in the verification screen.
    After successful verification, Betamax will show your mobile number as Caller ID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.