Volume level dropping down while talking

Discussion in 'Android' started by Onuralp, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onuralp

Hello everyone,

I have a fortigate 30E firewall device and 3cx is installed in Hyper V. My problem is with android softphones. I am having different kinds of problems such as audio cracking, volume level dropping spontaneously, registration failures, soft phone users often complaining that they pick up the phone but there is no audio in or out etc. These are the problems that i am encountering both locally and via 3g/ 4g. How can i fix this? Thx in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are these issue limited to only Android clients (just one device?), or do you have other (windows, IOS) clients and/or any remote extensions? Unless it is an issue with a specific Android device (incompatibility, conflict with another App), then I'd suspect that other devices would probably be affected, if so, suggesting something else on your network. You may need to do some testing to narrow down what may, or may not, be involved. Are you using the latest version App? Was this working without issues in the past?

3. Onuralp

It usually is on Android and happening on calls between extension to extension. I didnt face the same issue on windows soft phone. Both 3cx software and soft phones are up to date.

#3 Onuralp, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  4. Onuralp

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated:)

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you haven't had issues using other (remote) devices while using the same network hardware, then you may have to consider that the issue is with the devices themselves. This is assuming that all issues also occur on the local LAN, and while using 3/4G and remote Wifi.
    There do seem to be a few different issues. Noisy calls, no audio, and dropping calls. As a group, it would suggest a poor data connection.

Did this just start, has it been this way from day one, was something was changed?

Onuralp likes this.
  6. Onuralp

It's been like this since day one. I tried every codec individualy but nothing changed. If the problem device related why don't i have the same issues while using WhatsApp audio calls? When i use WhatsApp audio calls everything is just perfect. Push notifications are working flawlessly. But when using 3cx it randomly doesn't work, I have various problems that I mentioned before. That's why i think it might be software related. Maybe there is some adjustments i should make in android device or 3cx app settings.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How many Android devices have you been using, that experience the issue? I could see, perhaps, one, or more of the same model experiencing the same issue because of a common setting, or some other application (provider installed?) running at the same time. But, if you experience the same issue over multiple brands of handset, using different versions of Android, then it leads me to believe that the problem is elsewhere.
    As far as WhatsApp, that is not passing through to the PBX, they have their own "standard" so there is really nothing related. I've used WhatsApp as well, and know that they can have their own issues with audio quality, at times.

Have you ever disabled, bypassed or replaced any Firewall in front of the PBX, as test?

8. Onuralp

Same kind of problems occur in different kind of android versions and devices. Today i realized it also happens in IOS devices as well. We tryed bypassing firewall but not completely. Are you telling me it could be fw related?

9. Onuralp

Same kind of problems occur in different kind of android versions and devices. Today i realized it also happens in IOS devices as well. We tryed bypassing firewall but not completely. Are you telling me it could be fw related

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You have to consider, what is in common. When devices across multiple platforms are having the same issue it become much less likely that it is the device itself and the issue is caused by something the data is passing through.

Do you have the same issues if used within the LAN, on Wi-Fi?
    Does a windows laptop running the 3CX softphone, externally, have the same issue?
    If you can clearly determine that it is all "outside" devices, regardless of OS, having the same problem, then you may have to use the process of elimination, to determine, what, on your network, is causing this.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.