• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Vonage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

I'm sure many people are using Vonage in the US. Does anyone know the settings to use? Here are some settings I found for the Xten softphone, but how do I use this info to set up 3cx? Do I need to purchase a seperate softphone account?

Display Name: The phone number for the softphone account with the 1 (11 digits)
User Name: The phone number for the softphone account with the 1 (11 digits)
Auth User: The phone number for the softphone account with the 1 (11 digits)
Password: (your password)
Domain: sphone.vopr.vonage.net
SIP Proxy: sphone.vopr.vonage.net:5061
Outb Proxy: sphone.vopr.vonage.net:5061
Sip proxy: 216.115.25.198
There's no outbound proxy
Check box "enabled"

IGONET VOIP

Hello again Jeff, the name of my company is A G Enterprises Worldwide (A technology consultant company), my voip carrier is IGONET. http://www.igonet.com we do something a little different then vonage. Currently we allow each user to download the softphone right from there account and use the same number. Meaning if you use igonet at your home or business then that same number will be configured on your softphone ( laptop/desktop), when someone call you the phone will ring in both places. Our softphone allow you to transfer calls, music on hold, record calls, and about 20 other features that is included for free with each account. Also there is no limit on the minutes with the softphone. I use my softphone just about every day. I also use a WiFi phone from Dlink. I look forward to working with you.

Ps. Currently we do not charge for the softphone download or usage. If and when we do start charging it will be very minimal. Much less then what Vonage is charging, probably around 5 dollars a month.

Hi Jparo,

Did you get it to work with Xten yet? As far as i know, the default account does not allow you to use a softphone, you need to tell vonage that you want to use a soft phone like Xten.

If you did, we are ready to try our system with your account and troubleshoot/document whatever is necessary to get it to work. If you will consider this (of course we will keep account data secure and you can change password afterwards), please contact us at [email protected] and i will mail you personally.

Unfortunately we are currently unable to obtain a vonage account for testing since our company is not in the US and vonage have refused a test account.

You have to purchase a seperate account with vonage in order to use the softphone. And even when you use the softphone you can not get the info to use with another device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.