• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VPN connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

czesiu

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to use the free edition 3CX system. The phones inside of the LAN are working correctly, but if I'm calling a phone outside of my lan in another LAN using VPN, there is no voice. The phones are Linksys SPA942, they are registered on the server, they ring even properly. But when I pick the call up - can't hear anything. Does any one know what is the problem ?

Best Regards
Czesiu

May be your firewall unable to handle the SIP call. Just to share with you. I aslo hit this issue before. My VPN/firewall is netscreen ns25. When I using the screen OS 5.4.0R0 also hit voice unable to pass thur the VPN tunnel. This problem had been solved by upgraded the screen OS to 5.4.0R6. Please check your VPN log/firewall log, it will be help to solve your issue.

Thanks a lot Ricky, I'll check it.

Best Regards
Czesiu

I had the same problems,

It is for sure the ports problem, try to see are the forwarded correctly,

Hi,
I'm really tire after new trials... The ports:

Port 3478 (UDP)
Port 5481 (TCP)
Port 5060 (UDP)
Port 5090 (TCP)
Ports 7000-7499 (UDP)
Ports 9000-9015 (UDP)

are open but still the same problem. Isolating what we need to open identified loads of different ports. Open IP protocols would be probably needed rather than ports but can’t do that with the netgear. Any ideas, please ??

Thanks and regards
Czesiu

czesiu said:
Hi,
I'm really tire after new trials... The ports:

Port 3478 (UDP)
Port 5481 (TCP)
Port 5060 (UDP)
Port 5090 (TCP)
Ports 7000-7499 (UDP)
Ports 9000-9015 (UDP)

are open but still the same problem. Isolating what we need to open identified loads of different ports. Open IP protocols would be probably needed rather than ports but can’t do that with the netgear. Any ideas, please ??

Thanks and regards
Czesiu

Please specify IP ranges for both networks (local for PBX and VPN network)

Thanks

Hi,
The IP ranges are:
on PBX site : 10.10.0.* /28 :evil: - I don't know why so
on remote (VPN) : 172.16.1.20 -172.16.1.99 /16
PBX (gateway) address 10.10.0.103

Can you help, please ?

Thanks and regards
Czesiu

Stepan, it works correctly now, your advice was priceless. I'm not affraid to buy this software because of support level.Thank you very much !!!

Best Regards
Czesiu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabren
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.