Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VPN on Cloud 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AH2, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH2

AH2 New Member

Hi,

I have a Loca Trunk Provider that will only allow me to connect to the Trunk via IP authentication, so they provided us with some VPN credentials, can anyone please point me in the right directo to configure this VPN to the 3CX server hosted on Google Cloud ?

Thanks in advanced.
    AH

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Not a 3CX question and unless someone has worked with your provider (which you didn't name) it's possibly specific to your provider. So I would check this link and talk to your provider who is the other end of that VPN.

https://cloud.google.com/vpn/docs/how-to/creating-vpns

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AH2 likes this.
  3. AH2

AH2 New Member

Thanks for the reply, the provider its ETB a Local Telecom Company in Colombia.

4. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Not one I'm familiar with. Interesting that they require a VPN for their IP authenticated trunk. I would confirm with them whether the VPN is optional or required. If required just try following the link I provided on creating a VPN, pop the credentials in that they gave you and you may get lucky.

Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AH2 likes this.
  5. AH2

AH2 New Member

The VPN It's not a requirement for that provider if the Server it's on the premises, but to be on the Cloud it is, we need to setup that VPN on the 3CX Server to be able to authenticate.

I will try your tip and see how it goes, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.