Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VPS with no firewall, is 3CX secure enough?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rob24h, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob24h

Hi,

I want to install 3CX v15.5 on a hosted VPS with a hoster that has no firewall and where the VPS is directly connected to the internet with its external IP.

I suppose 3CX uses the SELinux firewall? Is it configured well enough for a production environment? In other words, can I safely install 3CX on this VPS without external firewall and still be secure?

#1 Rob24h, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. Rob24h

@3cx can you please comment on this?

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Rob24h

Please note that we consider the 3CX PBX to be very secure assuming that you follow basic rules like not settings sip passwords to 1234 or increasing the security barriers to very high value. However the PBX is not a firewall and does not have the same capabilities as one. With that in mind, if you are using a PBX without a firewall then i would recommend using Linux where you can use the IP tables to restrict traffic from unwanted sources and allow traffic to necessary ports and IP's. Understanding more about the 3CX security measures please look at the following link
    https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/advanced/security-with-3cx-phone-system/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.