• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

vTiger Server Side Intergration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Robinson

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

I have several questions / problems regarding 3CX / Vtiger OnDemand server side intergration:

1. Customer details

When you click to show more details on the caller it will take you to the wrong link with vTiger showing Permission denied. For example "https://myusername.od2.vtiger.com/index.php?module=Contacts&view=Detail&record=4x259" would report "Permission Denied" whereas removing the 4x and leaving the 259 would bring up the customer details.

I notice using Test CRM Integration that this is something that is being generated by vTiger.

2. Delay in showing details

Not sure if this is by design or not however when you first add a customer and receive a call it will not show the details of the caller from vTiger however it pulls it into 3CX instantly and you will only see the details the second time the person calls. However, in the manager interface, it will show the details instantly.

3. Not all details present

When it pulled over data from CRM it does not take all the information with it... Is this on purpose? It's not really a problem for us as it is still showing the data but I was curious. For example, if a company calls that's listed it will list it as a company with the phone number/email. If a contact of that organization calls it will list the name of the person and a phone number with a blank company.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Ben

Hello @Ben Robinson,

Answering your questions:
1. Customer details

When you click to show more details on the caller it will take you to the wrong link with vTiger showing Permission denied. For example "https://myusername.od2.vtiger.com/index.php?module=Contacts&view=Detail&record=4x259" would report "Permission Denied" whereas removing the 4x and leaving the 259 would bring up the customer details.

I notice using Test CRM Integration that this is something that is being generated by vTiger.
The contact link is built using the contact ID returned by vTiger, which in your example is "4x259" and not "259". We have seen that this works fine in most installations, but also we know that a few installations are having the same issue than you. This is something to ask to the vTiger support team, I think you should be able to fix it by assigning some permissions to your user.

2. Delay in showing details

Not sure if this is by design or not however when you first add a customer and receive a call it will not show the details of the caller from vTiger however it pulls it into 3CX instantly and you will only see the details the second time the person calls. However, in the manager interface, it will show the details instantly.
When a contact calls for the first time, 3CX queries vTiger, retrieves the contact details, and fills up the global phonebook. This usually takes a few milliseconds, and when 3CX gets the information back, the call is already ringing at the agent's extension. Because of this, we can't change the caller name at that point, and if you use a deskphone or softphone you will see just the caller number and not the contact name. However, the 3CX Web Client is updated immediately, and will show the contact name as soon as 3CX receives it. If you use the 3CX Web Client, you should have the information as soon as we get it.

3. Not all details present

When it pulled over data from CRM it does not take all the information with it... Is this on purpose? It's not really a problem for us as it is still showing the data but I was curious. For example, if a company calls that's listed it will list it as a company with the phone number/email. If a contact of that organization calls it will list the name of the person and a phone number with a blank company.
Not all information is available via the web service. For example, the company name is not available when we query for contacts, but it is returned when we query for accounts. That's why that field is not present when the returned value is a contact.

Kind regards.

Hi Ernesto,

Thank you for your quick and informative response.

I have reached out to vTiger support. I will report back so other users in the future can do the same.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Когда на этой карточке нажимаеш открывается ссылка в браузере, и там написано "Доступ запрещен"
http://192.168.1.54/index.php?module=Contacts&view=Detail&record=12×833&app=MARKETING

и здесь если удалить 12х перед 833 то карточка открывается. как это исправить?
мы сделали так может это что то поломает не знаю:
в index.php
изменили

if (isset ($ _ GET ['record']))
{
$ _REQUEST ['record'] = str_replace ('12x', ", $ _REQUEST ['record']);
}

Hello @Baisak,

Please check for an update in the template, it seems you don't have the latest version.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.