Wake-up call license limitation

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by lneblett, Jun 21, 2017.

Wake-up call license limitation 5 5 6votes
5/5, 6 votes

1. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

In an hotel environment, the wake-up functionality is frequently used, but its need varies from day-to-day with no way to guess the number of guests that may use the feature. Currently, the system will not pass wake-up calls should they exceed the license limit. The call will simply fail. As most front desk personnel and guests are not aware of any limitation and the system will allow the creation of wake-up calls whose number will exceed the license limitation (no warnings), the expectation is that the call will be made at the appointed time. Sadly, such is not the case and as a result, the hotel gets an earful from the folks whose call never came.

As this is a system initiated call with the communication only going one-way and for a limited time per call, I would like to recommend that:
    1. Eliminate the license limitation from coming into play for this feature, or
    2. In the event the limitation cannot be overcome, that the wake-up calls will be queued and played as soon as possible following when an available license spot becomes available and that the system monitor and warn when the wake-up calls scheduled for a particular time will exceed the license.

southwest1 and Paul Omans like this.
  2. Paul Omans

I agree, since this is very similar to a group page/intercom (which does not cause the license limit to be exceeded, even on hundreds of extensions) it should be treated similarly and it should not cause any increase in the current simultaneous calls that are counted towards the license limit. I will be implementing a small hotel with 40 rooms in a few months and I only plan to be using an 8SC license for it. Being forced to pay $2,000+ for a 64SC license just in case all 40 rooms schedule their wake-up call for the same time is a little ridiculous.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    southwest1 likes this.
  3. Fadi S Nori