Wallboard multiple Queues view

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by tein, Jul 12, 2016.

1. tein

It would be very nice to implement multiple wallboard view for different queues on multiple displays.

Example: A supervisor would like to present 4 wallboard views for 4 different queues on 4 displays (he wish not to use 4 PCs of course) or one big display with 4 windows for each queue.

2. Tertius

Hello, this is an EZ one :D

We make use of 7 queues split amongst 5 monitors. You can definately configure the setup in your example.

At the top of each WallBoard display there is a gear button. You can select which queues you would like displayed here.

Cheerio

PS this is a crap screenshot as I'm currently on a very slow server. But you get the point, all queues on your server will be selectable here.

Attached Files:

• wb.PNG
      wb.PNG
      File size:
      63.2 KB
      Views:
  3. nenglish

How are you running multiple Wallboards on a single PC with 3CX v14? Unless I'm mistaken this currently isn't possible.

4. Tertius

You are right nenglish, you would require more PCs. We decided in our early days that I would end up replacing the wallboard. Here is a screenshot of some demos I've created thus far.

This project can be achieved with the use of the CallControl and 3CX Phone API. I also make use of a ODBC connection to the postgress server.

Attached Files:

5. tratz

tratz New Member

Tertuis:

I asusme that the call control API is to list out the members of the queue and the ODBC connection is for the queue stats?

--Tracy

6. PaulD

Just a cautionary note regarding ODBC. I enquired of 3CX Support and got the following response ...... note the bit about voiding support.

'Note that when it comes to Database access noone should have direct Access to the Database (even in reader mode) as due to the complicated structure and the possibility of cascading effects if something goes wrong. Please understand that we cannot provide you with the requested information on how to access the Database as any access to the Database will void your 3CX Support due to the above.'

Hopefully, 3CX have changed their stance since then (Dec 2015).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Tertius

Hello,

When it comes to the Wallboard I collect my own data in an SQL DB using both the Phone and Call Control API. I don't use the ODBC that much.

My results, stats, counters, without connecting to the ODBC, are inline with the 3CX system. It took some tinkering but it works well.

8. tratz

tratz New Member

So using the call control API you dumped the stats out for each queue and then report off of those?

--Tracy

9. Tertius

Yes, that and more.

I make use of timers to collect information regarding the queues, extensions and active connections of the server. I dump that data to my DB and run queries on the tables which will determine what will happen in our environment i.e. Wallboard Display, Queue Restrictions, Custom reports.

10. tratz

tratz New Member

I have the statistics from the PBX API which should get me what I needed. I want to migrate off of 12.5 but needed the wallboard capability. Now that I have access to the queue stats, I can build a much easier wallboard that contains all of the queues versus the one that we have.

--Tracy

11. Tertius

Good Luck!

12. tratz

tratz New Member

I think i am going to start with the stats tables as that mimics what 3cx does now and work from there. Are you doing anything with the statistics or creating all of the data on your own?

--Tracy