Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

want to break through "Do not Disturb" (DND)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Doogie, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doogie

Hello,

I'm trying to get "Do not disturb" (DND) working in a way it should...
    I confgured the "DND authorized" extension on my Yealink T41 as "678".
    Now, when I set my other phone (ext. "880") to DND, I would suppose that it would still ring if 678 calls it (as 678 is authorized to call during DND).
    But it doesn't, the call goes straight to the voicemail.

What I want to achieve is a simple solution for the secretary functions.
    Boss-phone has one button to divert all calls to his secretary ("DND" Button), and secretary is still able to reach him in cases of emergency...

I know, this could also be done with status functions (*31 - *34) but I don't want to waste two different buttons for Status Away and Status Available. And the DND function is already there, so why not use it, as it's intended to work like I want it to... :(

any ideas what I'm missing here?
    thanks in advance

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Better do it with call forwarding and exception rule for secretary, in fact you need to forward all extensions to secretary into exception rules for boss' phone, except secretary's one. Ranges and lists are accepted like 101-150,160.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doogie

Great idea, and so simple to implement!
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention, wouldn't have thought about that for a long time I guess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.