Want to transfer calls to ATA device (Linksys SPA2102)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bac, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bac

bac

I'm trying to set up the 3CX system for my small business at my home office. I'm using Callcentric as my voip provider, and I have a local number setup for incoming and outgoing calls with a Linksys spa 2102 (ATA device connected to a regular phone). I have also set up the same Callcentric service as a voip provider in the 3CX Phone System.

When I make a test call to my local number the 3CX auto attendant answers. I have been able to get it to transfer a call (like when you press 1) to an extension setup on the 3CX voip client. I am also able to make calls out to landlines from the voip client.

What I would like to have the system do is ring not only the 3Cx voip client, but also ring back out to the desk phone connected to the SPA 2102. I set up a ring group to call both, but only the 3cx voip client will ring. Is there some way to have it ring the desk phone as well? Ideally if there is some way to have the call transferred to the spa2102 without actually making an outgoing call to the number, that would be ideal since I get free incoming calls, but have to pay for outgoing calls.

I would also like to be able to forward calls to other outside numbers (home, cell, etc). I setup an extension and set it to forward all calls to an outside number, but so far this has not worked.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Brian

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well, i think i understood correctly. So what you'll have to do is, instead of having the SPA logging into the voip provider, make it work has a 3Cx extension. then make a ring group and make the extension you created for the SPA ring has well. then you'll be able to transfer calls between extensions.

Cheers

3. bac

bac

It would be great if I could get the phone connected to the SPA to work as an extension, and be able to make and receive calls on it. If there's a way to do that, please let me know.

I've just been trying to get calls that come into the DR to forward back out to the phone on the SPA.

Right now I have both the SPA and 3CX registering with the voip provider, just on different ports.

Brian

4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well create an extension on 3cx, and then on SPA 2002 just do like an PAP2. http://www.3cx.com/forums/linksys-pap2-settings-3874.html#p18679
    Then it will register and you can call from your phone connected to the SPA through 3cx and receive calls through 3cx on it as well.

Cheers

The SS you want to look at its the Sip.jpg

5. bac

bac

Thanks...I was able to setup my SPA2102 (connected to a regular phone) to receive calls transferred from the 3cx.

Is there a way to transfer calls from that phone to another extension?

For instance, call comes in to the DR, call is transfered to SPA desk phone, then transfer call to another extension like the softphone on my computer.

Is there a combination of numbers to press on the desk phone to make the transfer happen?

I've also been trying to get the DR to transfer to an extension that will dial an outside number. I've noticed some recent posts saying that there is a known bug. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Brian

6. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

About transferring from the spa to another extension, yes you can. On linksys usually you have to do this:
    Pickup the call
    Press Flash key(Usually an "R") or Hold Key
    then dial *98 and after this the extension and then # to make things go quicker

You pick on the SPA ext 100 and you want to transfer to ext 200(deskphone) you would have to do

R*98200#

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.