Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Wanting 10 Second Delay Before IVR

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CirrusTech, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CirrusTech

Hi!

This one is going to sound super strange but I have a potential client that wants a 10-second delay before hit the main IVR. Any suggestions on how I could do this with 3CX? Currently running V15.5

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @CirrusTech ,

what exactly do you mean when you say 10-second delay before hitting the main IVR? Do you just want 10 seconds of silence before the IVR prompt (ivr options will be available for the caller to press) or do you want the caller to not enter the IVR at all for 10 seconds?

3. CirrusTech

Maybe what I meant was before it hits the main AA that it's going into. Basicly, the caller would call the main number > 10 seconds of ring time > then hit the main AA. Is that possible?

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Only way I can see to make this work

Create dummy / virtual extension - make sure 'Accept multiple call' is ticked. No answer forward to IVR number

Forward incoming calls to dummy / virtual extension

5. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Much easier than that. Set the inbound rule to a ring group containing one or more phones, then set the destination if no answer on the RG to the IVR. We have this in place with several clients.

6. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You cannot leave the call ringing for 10 seconds before it is answered by the PBX but you can definitely simulate this. You just have to create a "dummy" DR which should look something like this:
    upload_2017-9-8_17-23-37.png
    1. You leave all the actions to nothing
    2. Set the "Destination for no or invalid input" to 10 seconds->MAIN IVR and If wrong input->MAIN IVR
    3. Set the DR prompt to a ringing tone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.