We need all calls recorded, but 3CX client lets users stop the recording

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by L Monroe, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L Monroe

I must be missing something here. Under each employee extension I have "Record all calls" checked under Options. Then phone provisioning I have it set to show call recordings, but not to allow deleting them.

However whenever someone makes a call, they can just simply click the Rec button which stops the recording which won't work for us as legally we must record all calls. Am I missing a setting somewhere here?

2. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Kindly note that, this is the default behaviour of the system because, as for PCI Compliance reasons the agents/extensions need to be able to stop the recording during the duration of a call, as sometimes a caller provides the information for payment data (e.x. credit card information etc) or other similar sensitive information.

3. L Monroe

That doesn't apply to us, legally we need all calls recorded in our industry, so we'll use Bria instead since then there's no way for users to stop the recording. Thank you.

4. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is a thread in the Ideas section you can upvote so this can be implemented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.