Web-based wallboard and always-on display

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JonL, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonL

The v15.5 upgrade is great, thanks for all your work! We have Airtame wireless display devices that we can show any web page (realistically, web-based dashboards) on an always-on screen to the whole call center. The caveat is that it can't be behind a login - is there any way to make the web-based wallboard available without a login or provide the credentials through the URL? Thanks!

Eric Osborn likes this.
  2. JonL

Anyone? Perhaps we post this as a feature request instead? :)

3. crookedsysadmin

Yes, this is the exact feature I'm looking for, I tried scripting the process to login but always get an error.

4. Gavin Hill

I'm looking for exactly the same. We have a wall board in the CC and need it to launch automatically after a power/network failure, etc. How to I deep link to my web-based wallboard?

5. dan_tx

I've accomplished similar things if you have a windows pc hooked up to a tv.

Set the windows pc to auto login after a reboot.

Set web browser to auto launch at login/startup.

Use Mouse Recorder to script something that checks every 5 minutes if browser is open and on the default home page. If it is have the script fire that changes the page and logs in.

Had to do this for a wallboard in a application program. Stopped the phone calls every time power went out or an update installed.

Pretty sure it was mouse recorder. Tried a few and found a free version that did what was needed. Your going to want to secure the pc on th network, since the autologon could increase its risk.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Deskto...sktop-Enhancements/Mouse-Recorder-Pro-2.shtml

6. crookedsysadmin

Little confused about your instructions. I've downloaded the mouse recorder pro program. Are you able to share your mouse recorder file?

7. dan_tx

I can make one maybe tomorrow. Basically you tell mouse recorder to record your movements and clicks. Click in the space on the screen you need to login to, type your credentials , click submit and then stop the recording. You can then play the recording back after logging out and see what it does. Make adjustments as needed.

I'll upload the recording as soon as I get a chance to make one. It won't be the exact same for everyone since depending on you computers screen resolution can change where the clicks are done.

8. crookedsysadmin

I just created a powershell script (link below). Haven't implemented but I think it's pretty much done. You can set it as a scheduled task (make sure to run only when user is logged on and NOT with highest privileges as internet explorer has some powershell limitations and it will open as a background job instead).

You'll need to open internet explorer go to the 3cx web client login page, enter and save the login credentials so they populate automatically when you visit the login page next time. Then, you can run the script. It will go to the login page and press the login button and then wait 10 seconds for it to finish up. Then, in the same tab it will go directly to the wallboard url and that's it. You have automated opening of wallboard.

If it detects that internet explorer is already running then it will just refresh the tabs that are open just to make sure in case it loses connectivity or whatever that it comes backup (you can set the script to run every 1 hour so it refreshes every hour).

Hopefully, this will help anyone who is in my position :D

https://pastebin.com/z6Qhgshr

dan_tx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.