• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Web based Wallboard - IN PROGRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I know its in the client. But the problem is this. We use to run computers and have 2 wall boards connected to each computer in which we would run a different Queue on each wallboard using the URL.

In V15 you have taken this option away. You have to run from the client, which means you have to have a client dedicated for wallboard. Also can't run 2 clients on a machine. In addition the wallboard had a config of sorts in which you could adjust the wallboard to fit your needs.

I think you need to look into the Wallboard programing the way it use to be and try and restore that functionality. You will find new customers confused about the wall board and you will offend old customers who used the wallboard by just changing how the whole thing works.

In addition the reporting you have changed as well. I get it new V15 etc etc.. but when revamping things one needs to consider your veteran users aswell and not make changes so drastic that you hurt your current client base as they are the best advertising you currently have >> Word of mouth and customer satisfaction.

Reactions: Tertius
Re: Wallboard missing from V15

I think the majority of users feel your pain and I for one, totally agree with you.

People are already in uproar about many other things. They have to start listening to customers soon, surely?!

Its unheard of to be honest for a Company to take their software and completely change it.

Not just a little thing here or there, but a radial change of all the important features and functionality.

How could this happen? Did you get rid of the old R&D staff and just get new ones, in which they interpreted what needs to go into new build?

I hope they fix the wallboard very soon, this is for more and more customers a reason NOT to upgrade or even to look to an other kind of PBX.
It's also not a feature request to make a good wallboard, because this is a feature in V12.5

So in my opinion 3CX has just to fix the 3CX wallboard.

greets Remko

I am getting all sorts of "push back" from my call center manager on this.

We are wanting to upgrade from digital to VOIP for our distributed call center. Even though I have demonstrated complete integration with our Filemaker CRM for screen pops and CTI dial out, the CC manager is throwing on the brakes.

He says that the 15 year old Nortel system (we are currently on) has provided him with the realtime data that he needs and expects. I'm not gonna argue with his assertion that this "wallboard" is a sad attempt.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

What exact real time data is missing? What configuration are you looking for? Filter by queue?

We are working on a web based client and you will be able to use the web based client wallboard view from any device with a browser....

Hi Nick! Thanks for your speedy reply.

I have scheduled a meeting with the Call Center Managers for this coming Monday afternoon to work through their objections and address their concerns (although I am an IT Guy and not a very good politician -- "suck it up, buttercup"). I DO however want them to feel that their budget is being wisely spent on tools that are "upgrades" from where they are and make their jobs easier.

To that, I am including some links and screenshots for your reference.

I think that the Quick Reference with Stats and Formulas provides the best information for understanding what data points are required for providing a call center manager the types of feedback they seem to need.

Reporting for Contact Center - Quick Reference / Statistics and Formulas:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0voio4pfy1wwj ... e.xls?dl=0

Reporting for Contact Center - Reports Explained:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygvnlua1udkt1 ... d.pdf?dl=0

Typical Wallboard:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0biis6w33anxt ... d.jpg?dl=0

Thanks and I hope this info can be of help in developing features that call centers have come to depend upon.

regards...

Bob Minteer
Chief Systems Architect
CIS, Carrollton, TX

Attachments

• Nortel RCC - Agent Summary.png
    Nortel RCC - Agent Summary.png
    102 KB · Views: 458
  • Nortel RCC - Agent Details.png
    Nortel RCC - Agent Details.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 458
  • Nortel Inbound Calls.png
    Nortel Inbound Calls.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 457

Hi Bob! This is a great feedback! i wish all ideas were like this :) These views are very easy for us to do. Going forward we will provide many more web based views. We will also have a web based API that will make it very very easy to put together your own custom view. I have switched this thread to IN PROGRESS

Nick Galea said:
Hi Bob! This is a great feedback! i wish all ideas were like this :) These views are very easy for us to do. Going forward we will provide many more web based views. We will also have a web based API that will make it very very easy to put together your own custom view. I have switched this thread to IN PROGRESS

This is great news. I'll be watching for the update on this!

Nick Galea said:

Nick,

Now THAT is what I am looking for. A "can do" attitude. ;)

Keep me posted and think of me when you want to do a beta release of a wallboard feature. I REALLY like the promise of a web based API. That is a sign of a modern and full feature product. Web API's allow your customers to integrate with just about anything that can make and consume results of web requests.

My company's CRM (a FileMaker solution I have written and maintained for 16 years) performs 99% of its' daily interop transactions (about 3000/day) with "big box" stores using JSON and (1%) XML. Either would be awesome for your web API and JSON would be "king".

In the meantime, I am putting together a little ASP.NET web API of my own using your 3CX v15 API's so that I can move my call center peeps along and hopefully give them a portion of what they want. I'll be looking forward to replacing my code with "the real deal" when 3CX releases with a web API.

regards...

Bob Minteer

Hi Nick and THANK YOU,

There use to be css and maybe a config file that at one time I adjusted manually for different wallboard layout reporting parameters. Probably in V11-v12.5.

Thanks!

This is great - we have just moved on to 3CX, but we were a bit unhappy with the limitations of the Wallboard.

Nick - would we be able to customize to look as below?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwzchm47zovv4 ... d.jpg?dl=0
Custom%20Wallboard.jpg

Regards,
Marcos

Marcos,

That's a good looking idea.

Seems to fit in with the 3CX style and adds elements we desperately want Nick and his team to produce.

regards...

Bob Minteer

Thank you for all the nice feedback. The web based client - which includes the web based wallboard - is coming along nicely. It will be configurable plus have the API we talked about.

I have one burning question for Bob - how much did the Nortel Contact Centre PBX with report module cost? :)

Nick Galea said:
Thank you for all the nice feedback. The web based client - which includes the web based wallboard - is coming along nicely. It will be configurable plus have the API we talked about.

I have one burning question for Bob - how much did the Nortel Contact Centre PBX with report module cost? :)

Hey Nick! I'd like to just say that it was included with the product for FREE, but we all know that's not the case. ;)

I did the Nortel BCM400 with Enhanced Call Center and Reporting (RCC) back in 2007. The price for the BCM was like $8,000 at that time and an additional $4,000 for the RCC add-on.

We decided to upgrade to the 3CX system after I looked at a number of systems (over the past two years) and at some point came across your wallboard blog (which no longer exists but can be seen here: https://web.archive.org/web/20141220054145/http://www.3cx.com/blog/wallboard) where v12 was current at the time and the wallboard features were quite tempting.

This is the stuff that enticed me (as well as others I am sure). The following is excerpted from your v12 pages:

• Display name
    Calls Waiting
    Calls Serviced Now
    Current Queue Calls (in poll and connected)
    Average Waiting Time
    Total Calls (Ans+Abnd)
    Answered
    Abandoned
    Caller Drops Call
    Callbacks
    Dropped In Poll
    Total Unanswered Polling Calls to Agents
    Dropped By QM Calls
    Total Talking Time
    Longest Waiting Time
    Average Talking Time
    Abandon Rate
    Total Calls going to Dest No Answer
    Calls Reaching Max Wait time
    Total Transfers Failed

...and then of course, the customizations that you detailed at:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140909124742/http://www.3cx.com/blog/wallboard/customize/

An open and extremely accessible system !!

That's what Nortel DID NOT HAVE.

I am encouraged that your team at 3CX has provided forums for customers to communicate their needs. As an onsite/in-house developer, I encourage my peeps to give me their wish lists. End user communication is king and helps set expectations up front.

regards...

Bob Minteer

Reactions: Nick Galea
Will the new wallboard have an option to tell us how many extensions are logged into the queue?

This is a feature that has been missing from the wallboard on the previous versions of 3CX.

Any news on this?

Any news on this?

Also wondering if there is any update on this? Eagerly awaiting Web-based dashboards. Our callcenter is very limited from a dashboard standpoint since upgrading to the latest 3CX release.

I'll +1
New to 3CX and after having existing infrastructure in place for web based boards, having to put a Windows based PC at each seems a bit crazy.

right now I'm RTMP a screen to the boards, but this is resource intensive and finicky.

I wonder, is there any time line? Or a date to expect the web based wallboard again?

Reactions: ismail aksu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.