Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Web Client Call Trigger 2 clicks.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Duff Man, Aug 1, 2017.

Web Client Call Trigger 2 clicks. 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. Duff Man

Make the click to call be 1 click, and not 2 clicks.

It says click to call is 1 click here:
    "The 3CX Click to Call Extension for Google Chrome allows one click dialling from popular CRM systems and Office 365 without installing any plugins. The extension also allows users to easily dial a number from any web page."

but you have to click on the phone number, and then again click the dial key, to actually make the call. 2 clicks. I want it to work with 1 click.

The reason for this is I have scripts that launch chrome.exe --app=https://X.X.X.X:5001/webclient/#/call?phone=XXXXXXXXX. and i want the ability for that to make the call simliar to how calltriggercmd.exe worked.

I do not want the script to open a browser tab that then needs user interaction. I want it to just initiate the call and close the tab.

I realize that popping up the number for confirmation is handy in some instances, so perhaps make this an option in the extention, or an extra parameter in the URL?

chrome.exe --app=https://X.X.X.X:5001/webclient/#/call?phone=XXXXXXXXX&action=dial
    chrome.exe --app=https://X.X.X.X:5001/webclient/#/call?phone=XXXXXXXXX&action=fill

Thanks

2. Duff Man

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The Chrome plugin neither requires 2 clicks to active, nor does it launch the same URL twice.
    Not sure where this is coming from.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Duff Man

you click on the number once, which then pops up the 3cx web client, with the number filled. Then you have to click the call button to actually call that number. I want the behaviour to be click the number and the phone starts dialing the number.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

should be optional.
    i hit numbers occasionally trying to paste the number into an email.
    I like the current behavior.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Duff Man

I agree, it should be optional, I was hoping it is possible to override the default behaviour for specific uses.

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

So this is a feature request for the WebClient then just to clarify.
    Click2Call can only pass the number to the client, it can't force the client to make a call with it as well.

8. jhonku

This feature is necessary and useful in several cases.
    We are seeing that it works with ONE click on Mac but on Windows it requires TWO clicks.

Duff Man likes this.