Web Client: control IP phone (MakeCall)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Thomas Friedl, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Friedl

We are running 3CX 15.5 on our own local Windows Server. The problem we are currently facing is that our IP phones (AAstra 6731i) don't show up in the web client - so it's not possible to trigger calls from the web interface. The phone icon is red and says no phones are connected.

Now here comes the interesting part: once a user installs the 3CX Android client and connects to our system the IP phone (AAstra 6731i) shows up in the web client and the MakeCall functions works fine. Even after uninstalling the Android app the IP phone stays as an option.

Now I don't wanna force everybody to install the phone app just to make the web client work. Am I missing any settings? Is there an easier way to connect our IP phones to the web client so users can initiate calls from the web interface?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

3. Thomas Friedl

They work just fine (but I think only MakeCall) - as I mentioned. But it only shows up once the Android client is installed. Don't ask me why.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Thomas Friedl

Legacy phones do not support UaCSTA so that is why there are not visible under the web client. The reason you can use Make Call when you register a 3cx mobile client is because push is enabled. So the web client will try call the client using the Push service. If a phone is registered on that extension it will blindly ring using make call as the invite is directed to that extension. However this is not a reliable way to use the web client and was never tested like this and i would recommend using a supported device for CSTA to avoid any issues in the future.

5. Thomas Friedl

Ok thanks. It's still strange that there is no way in the settings to activate the push because it works great for us. I now send myself config emails for all extensions and clicked through them on my Android phone. So now all IP phones work with the web client. It's a super hacky solution but guess it's my only choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.