Web client dialling causes all user registered devices to ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Keith Beeby, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Beeby

Hi

I'm Using the latest version of 3CX (15.5 update 3), I've set the preference to dial using my Yealink IP phone, but when I dial using the web client it ignores this and all my registered devices ring (iOS App, Mac App etc)

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Keith

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

using 3cx templates and firmware?
    it sounds like what is happening is the outbound call is ringing your device first - "MakeCall" service - and whereever you pickup will get the call and dial outbound.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Keith Beeby

Hi
    Yes no custom templates. Just provisioned by the admin console, but dial any number by the web client and even though I've selected my Yealink IP Phone in the Phone selector all my devices ring?

From 3CX Help "Calls can be triggered from the web client and will be placed on your IP Phone, Softphone or Smartphone. Select which device you want to make calls on using the Phone Selector:"

Does this work for other people correctly ??

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I'm on Mac and do not have this luxury...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dredd0606

Works great here, I have multiple brands assigned to my ext for testing plus my softphone and mobile softphone. I can select any one of them (including Yealink T46) and only that device is controlled.

6. Keith Beeby

Hi, I’m on a Mac too :) running macOS High Sierra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.