Web client / MC default language

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bonezAU, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonezAU

I am based in Australia, but for all users on our system the global language of the web client seems to bet set to English (US). This means that dates are in American format, and every single user has to manually choose English (UK) to get the correct date format.

Can this be changed globally? I saw this article and tried a few things in our test environment, but it didn't seem to have any effect. It always seems to insist on defaulting to English (US).

The management console also defaults to US, but that's not such a huge issue as there's only 4 or 5 of us who use it, but if there's some kind of global setting that would fix that too, it would be a bonus.

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bonezAU

This info is stored using cookies so if no cookie is found it will go back to the default one. Are you clearing or blocking cookies on your PCs?

3. bonezAU

Hi mariosM,
    There is no problem with cookies, and once each individual user changes from English US to English UK, it stays like that, unless of course they clear their cookies.

That's not really the question I had though. I'd like it to be a global default for all users to have it set as English UK, so nobody has to change it to begin with.

It's pointless having it default to US because the date format is wrong, and many users won't even bother to figure out how to change it, it will just annoy and confuse them that the date is wrong to begin with.

Under the US date system, it's fine for some months of the year, such as 03/12/18 (3rd December 18) but when you are in the early part of the year, for example 03/02/18, (2nd Mar 18), some users could easily be confused that it might be 3rd Feb 18.

So I'm looking for a way from an administrator point of view to be able to set UK English as the system wide global default language.

Regards
    BonezAU

4. bonezAU

Hi mariosM_3CX,

Are you able to offer any further info based on my reply above?

5. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bonezAU

I'm afraid there is not a global option for this. You have to select it manually the first time and this preference is stored in cookies for future sessions.
    You can post this however as a feature request in the Ideas part of the forum here https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.