Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Web Client v15.5 or so it claims

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by stoneclan, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoneclan

Hello,

I was excited to upgrade to 15.5 due to the new web client feature. I thought I would be able to use a Chrome OS laptop with 3cx.

Upon upgrading I noticed that this isn't the VoIP web client that was promised. The purpose in my opinion of a web client is to not need a softphone or IP phone. Calls should be made totally within the browser irrespective of whatever is installed on the computer.

The manual says

"Calls can be triggered from the web client and will be placed on your IP Phone, Softphone or Smartphone. Select which device you want to make calls on using the Phone Selector"

Is a TRUE web client coming that I can run on any computer or OS without having to install a desktop client or is this the best we are going to get?

2. DrewHammond

Yeah I agree, 3CX really dropped the ball on this "feature". It's worthless for our use case. Here's to hoping a real web client is included in the next release.

3. PreviouslyAsterisk

It's thoroughly bizarre isn't it. Hopefully an actual web client is in progress - this would be very useful!

4. SECOIT GmbH

According to the Q&A sessions in English and German I recall that it was said that the native client (like Windows 3CX Phone on a Windows OS) will continue to be the best choice for Audio.
    The web client's main purpose is to control calls, to view data and to run conferences but for actual "voice transfer" the native clients are preferred. But I also believe someone said during the Q&A sessions that this feature might come to the web client.

Using a native client is btw. a very good decision in my opinion because that prevents me from being busy with troubleshooting whenever a customer upgrades their browser or installs some extensions. Even in most cases this should still work afterwards I'm also sure there will be problems every now and then.
    So even if calls will be possible via web browser I'm kind of sure that it will always be the less reliable choice compared to a native client.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX and jed like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.