web.config

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by SWSDEV, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I have a custom assembly that needs to read a web.config setting. I tried putting it in the web.config in the ivr directory, but it didn'ts seem to read it.

Which web.config file should I change so a custom assembly built with the VAD can read it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Are you trying to use an external code execution component to do this?
    How are you trying to read the configuration from your custom assembly?

3. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I have an assembly that is accessing a database through an entity framework model. It has to read the connection string from the web.config file of the web server. WCF services would have this same issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VAD_Support

Have you tried using a configuration file for your assembly? For example, if your assembly name is "Mylibrary.dll" you can use a configuration file named "Mylibrary.dll.config".

5. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Yes, I did. But does that config file get deployed to the IVR web server with the assembly when the VAD deploys? I didn't think it did, but perhaps I missed it.

6. VAD_Support

No, it is not deployed, but I wanted to see if that fixes the problem. If it does, we can change the VAD to deploy that file too, if it exists.

7. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I will check and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.