web meeting client option

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bull_tpk, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bull_tpk

Cant see the ability to select cleint based meeting in the 12.5 version. Not all people and corporations use or want to use chrome .

Would be OK for chrome to be a default, but if invitee is on unsupported browser then a link allows them to download a client. Im not sure it is pricaticle to have to know what browser a participant uses before sending them and invite

2. pmt

pmt

I agree, the lack of Client option makes the WebMeeting unusable. In addition to being supported only by Chrome:
    - currently only the meeting organizer can share the screen
    - performance and quality of the video and documents is very poor, connection dropouts quite frequent (I assume the problem is on the 3CX server side that is not prepared to handle the traffic)
    - control of hardware interfaces and things like bandwidth no longer there, you have to go to Windows Control Panel to switch audio source
    - drawing and cursors not available
    At this point we stooped using it and switched to Google Hangouts for the time being. Not great but it works OK.

3. cjtrevor

Has anyone found a way of using webmeeting windows client on 12.5? Or is it just the web version now?

I used to use the webmeeting client to provide the odd remote assistance which was useful. But can't seem to do this now with the web version. Had to go back to using other software which is a shame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.