• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Web meeting "GUEST" invite no Email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thames

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Hi there

Just testing the web meeting feature works absolutely fine with internal contacts but if I send an invite to an "outside" person with no extension, they don't get the Email. The person I sent to is in my contact list and the Email address is correct.

Is this a feature of the system? Can we only send to extensions for web meeting?

Cheers
Chris

Quickmeeting working fine for me. Just sent one to my gmail account which is not on the PBX.
Same for Scheduling a Video Conference using 3cx Phone for Mac and Windows.
In the Web Client it used my local email app to send the email.

You do not mention your method of scheduling.

I would check to ensure its not Spam Filters or anything along those lines.

Last edited:
Hello @thames

Please note that you should be able to send invites to external participants. How are you scheduling the meeting? Are you using the 3CX SMTP server or your own?

Similar issue here.
If I use the little shortcut from the webclient (see picture) to start a webmeeting. The invitee is added to the meeting but never receives an email invite. Both internal and external. All other methods of starting a meeting result in an invitation email being sent.

Attachments

• start.png
    start.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 8
Just tried creating a webmeeting with the icon as mentioned and the email did not get sent. We are currently looking into the issue so for now please use the schedule conference tab to have the email sent to the participants.

Please note that we have identified the issue and a fix will be included to the next version of the phone system.

Reactions: Richard Burford
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.