Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Web Meeting Record Option (video and audio?) playback

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AllstarTech, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllstarTech

I was hoping that the record option worked much like webx record option. If you start a recording while a meeting is going on you would be able to play back that recording (both audio and video). Additionally a link could be sent to participants of the meeting for their review of the meeting also. Is this possible? I have tried hitting record to do a test and I can't seem to find the recording. I followed the instructions to go to setting and recording but I do not see any recordings. Can someone point me in the right direction for additional documentation that might answer my questions.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AllstarTech

Once you start the recording in a web meeting you will have to wait for the meeting to end to get an email with the recording. If you press the record button again while still in the meeting the recording is Paused and not stopped. You will need to end the meeting to get the email with the recording.

3. AllstarTech

if i am not getting the email - is there a setting or something that needs to be configured. I have checked my junk and clutter boxes

4. Archie Frederic

you should be able to get the email on either the admin email that was set on your 3cx management console or the email on your extension that initiated the web meeting. I'm not sure which one would receive the email since I myself had not yet tested it.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The email will be sent to the initiator of the web meeting. You just need your PBX email settings working and your https port open so you can communicate to the web meeting server

6. AllstarTech

ok I got that fixed and now I am getting the email with my recording. I start the meeting, start my screen share, start my recording. I open word type a few words, open a web browser do a search, then open the whiteboard and draw a picture, then end the meeting. The email comes and I watch the recording. the time when I am using word and web browser is a black screen, when I open whiteboard and draw the picture I see that in the recording. The total length of time of the recording is the total length of my meeting. What am I doing wrong. Why can't I record my activity in other apps like word and chrome. I do use "share entire screen" not app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.