Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Web Meeting Request Remote Control

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eQDoBBs, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eQDoBBs

I have a query regarding the 'Request Remote Control' button in 3CX Web Meeting.

After I have made an attendee a Presenter and I press the button to request control, the attendee will get the following popup:

Screenshot from attendee screen
    upload_2017-9-19_12-0-42.png

If they click yes then 3CX asks me (the person who clicked 'Request Remote Control') which screen I want to share and gives control of my computer to the attendee as seen in the screenshot below:

upload_2017-9-19_12-4-28.png

This is completely counter-intuitive as I have requested remote control but then it gives remote control to the person I requested control from!

Quoting from the 3CX user manual at this link: https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/video-conferencing/#h.3x2z1n95lcgo

It says press the button to offer assistance, yet pressing the button gives the attendee access to my system.

Alroger Gomes Jr likes this.
  2. eQDoBBs

Would a member of 3CX Support please comment on this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.