• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Web Meeting Request Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

eQDoBBs

Forum User
Reaction score
I have a query regarding the 'Request Remote Control' button in 3CX Web Meeting.

After I have made an attendee a Presenter and I press the button to request control, the attendee will get the following popup:

Screenshot from attendee screen
upload_2017-9-19_12-0-42.png

If they click yes then 3CX asks me (the person who clicked 'Request Remote Control') which screen I want to share and gives control of my computer to the attendee as seen in the screenshot below:

upload_2017-9-19_12-4-28.png

This is completely counter-intuitive as I have requested remote control but then it gives remote control to the person I requested control from!

Quoting from the 3CX user manual at this link: https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/video-conferencing/#h.3x2z1n95lcgo

1. Only organizers can launch a Remote Control request. If there is no organizer in the meeting then the Request Remote Control button will not be available. Press the button to offer assistance.

It says press the button to offer assistance, yet pressing the button gives the attendee access to my system.

Reactions: Alroger Gomes Jr
Would a member of 3CX Support please comment on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.