Web Meeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 805tech, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 805tech

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Its not out yet if it were there would definitly be a blog about it and based on what I've read I'm looking forward to it, no more webex/teamviewer/join.me/rescue meblah blah blah me. one app which is integrated with my pbx just the support ability, or the ability to host web meetings without having to pay those other guys every month??!?!??? . with that being said since its there but grey'd out, and that article saying saying download 3cx and enable it. I doubt it would be much longer before they atleast launch a beta version... I hope

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. carolinainnovative

I've asked them directly and the only thing they'll say is "not long now."

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

You will be very impressed by the capabilities but I wouldn't say that you are not going to see monthly fees...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jpillow

@ Carolinainnovative thats the standard response when there is a new product, version, service pack etc...

@Charles let me rephrase as I'm looking at this purely product purely as an end user, to utilize In my every day business activities. I'm sure partners will have this feature enabled at no cost with their NFR, which means I will not have to use Teamviewer / Webex and continue to incur that montly cost. As far as end users well,I like monthly charges when I'm doing the selling. And oddly enouigh have quite a few clients who develope software, or web apps and or have small call centers in their office. This would be perfect fit for their support team etc.... 8)

6. carolinainnovative

@jpillow - yes, thanks, I'm aware. I was letting the OP know not to expect any reply from 3cx with any timing. All they'll say is "not long now."

Some of the distributors have seen it in use, and like sigma1 said, it is supposedly quite impressive, but according to the one I talked to, they wouldn't even give them a demo yet. Of course, this was a few weeks ago. They might have seen a demo since then.

I, for one, would welcome our new web conferencing overlords if it lets me have one solution for all. I love Lync, but it is a bitch to setup from scratch.

7. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

While I am not aware of the pricing details, I think that offering it as an NFR freebie to the resellers would be a big stretch as it can require tons of bandwidth and it will run up someone's bill at 3CX...

Nick and the 3CX team picked a winner in terms of the technology used and the pairing of that 3CX's already extensive features will offer you something that nobody else has yet, Lync is a far cry. We have replaced WebEx and Turbomeeting/RHUB with it and we have been like a kid in a candy store.

8. carolinainnovative

Oh you're already using it? You suck and I'm jealous. ;)

9. jpillow

@Charles I'm just going based asumption as to what I've seen 3cx do over the past three years, with that being said I'm sure they have the sense to offer it to the partners free as they seem to do all other products, I mean it only makes sense as partners are the ones selling it. But if you have some type of special insight as to why they would possible treat this product any different from all the other paid products they offer partners free use of please share...

10. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@Charles

Can you shed some light as to whether web meeting requires the PRO license, and if it consumes call paths for all participants or only outside participants? Trying to get some info for deals in the pipe that are interested in the web meeting add-on.

11. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

These are all questions that 3CX will answer at launch. What I can tell you is that it works and it works very well.
    My compliments to Nick and the 3CX team for integrating such an amazing solution into 3CX, you will be able to sell into the Lync market at a far more competitive pricepoint. Great things take time to be fine tuned and ready for market ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.