Web ports forced to 80 and 443 on version 14

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fonewiz, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonewiz

As I understand it, version 14 doesn't allow the option to specify the web ports as it did in older versions. Is this correct?

Is there any work around?

I upgraded a client from 12 to 14 and they no longer have external access. They only have one static public IP and 80/443 were already used for their other servers/services.

Is there some sort of secret work around? This customer's external access is dead in the water and I am not sure they can even get a second IP address from their provider.

Thanks in advance.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Need to install as abyss web server and not iis

Abyss allows you to select port numbers

3. fonewiz

Thanks for your reply.

-This means I have to uninstall and re-install 3CX, correct?
    -As I understand it, the Abyss server has limitations and features in 3CX that won't work with it in version 14, correct?

Any other work around besides Abyss?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The official numbers still have the Abyss Web Server for installations up to a 32 Sim Call License. It is true though that Abyss was greatly improved in the last Service Pack and now it can cope pretty well with up to 100-120 3CXPhone applications open as they do tend to put some load on the Web Server.

Saying it works well with a 128 Sim Call License would imply that it could work well with 300-400 3CXPhone which it will not!.

5. fonewiz

Thanks, I ended up backing up, uninstalling and reinstalling with Abyss and the custom ports I needed. This particular customer will never hit these numbers, they are on an 8 call license.

With time to plan better on future upgrades, I will just use IIS for bigger installs.

With that being said, I don't understand the thinking on not allowing us to choose the IIS ports.. IIS will run on any port so why not just let us choose the port AND use IIS.

In any case, thanks for the feedback and replies on this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.