Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Web Reports error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garyjduk, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyjduk

I have recently upgraded a client's 3CX box that implements call recordings on all extensions. The old 3CX box was recording the calls to the C Drive and this was filling up fast. I made enquiries about how to change recording location and was told by 3CX to just add another drive to the system and point the recording folder to the new drive and then so on when that one was full.

So I took a full backup and moved it over to new hardware and then pointed the recording folder to a new secondary hard drive so to start keeping the recordings separate from the system C drive. I've had to leave the existing recordings in the default location on the C Drive but any new recordings go to D drive. The database does represent this as up to the changeover date the location is C drive..... and then after the upgrade it's D drive....

The problem I've got now is that from the web reports I can download the new recordings from the D drive but when I press the PLAY link all that happens is the page goes blank and nothing happens. I'm thinking some kind of permissions issue as I was forced by the current IT company to include the new PBX as a domain member and it has had a new Windows username. I've given the current user full access to the recording location on C drive but still no luck.

Can anyone suggest anything else I should check?

2. garyjduk

Spoke with 3CX Support and have got to the bottom of this issue - so just to let people know 3CX Web Reports cannot retrieve recordings from two different places for call recordings, it will only look in the place that is specified with 3CX. The problem for me is different drives, so I'm not sure about different folders, say for example each year you created a new folder within the recordings folder - this I haven't tested.

So therefore you are forced if you start 3CX recording calls onto the default location of C Drive to keep them all there - if you change the location then you won't be able to access the previous location via the web reports unless you change the location back and then you can. This isn't a permissions issue it's kind of a database limitation.

I've now got a client wanting to access the last 5 years call recordings via the web reports but cannot and it's a pain for them to scroll down through the extensions folders looking for an individual file. What I'm currently thinking about is moving the data over to another machine running 3CX Demo with their old call recordings and letting them access them via another 'dummy' PBX. Not sure it will work but it's better then them emailing me every week with a list of call recordings then need for compliance issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.