Web Reports v14 0 DONE

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by mdimla, Oct 1, 2015.

1. mdimla

Please bring back the option to view reports through webpage. There are still some users/installations who is not using the mail server settings and refuse to connect their 3CX in the internet.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Re: Web Reports v14

Reports going forward will be available via email only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Re: Web Reports v14 0 REJECTED

It is sad to see the on demand reports gone.
    While emailed reports is a much welcomed feature i completely agree that there are cases where emailed reports is not at all convenient.

Also 3CX - Might it be worth looking at what the voting does for a idea before you reject it so fast. Just because 3CX thinks it is a good idea to remove on demand reporting, we the resellers are the ones who have to sell a product that had a feature that is now gone...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

3CX - Another piece to think about here with this is doing a demo for a customer.

We have 3CX software installed on VMware Workstation that we bring onsite to a customer with a couple phones to run through the software and show them all the features 3CX offers.

There has been many many demos where the customer will ask me to show them the reporting features and show the reports, each customer is different so they want to see reports based on how they would use it.
    In V14 i am now no longer about to show a customer reports or create reports on the spot. Unless i was to install a mail or something on the demo VM i guess.

I've already had 1 demo where i explained to the customer how reports are delivered via email. They understood the scheduling reports and having those delivered in a email, but they were not impressed that they couldn't just pull up a interface and run a on-demand report from a web interface.

I really think this should be reconsidered. I dont think it would be overly difficult on the new reporting page to add a button that allows you to view the report right from there instead of sending out the pdf.

5. ip19

Re: Web Reports v14

Reports are NOT forwanded via EMAIL.

I want a report:
    - I create a single report task
    - I run it
    - 3cx create the document and put it on the webserver
    - 3cx send an email with a link to the document
    - I download the document from the webserver

In this procedure the email are used only for notification! give us the possibility to have the link in the task creation form, and when the file will be avaiable we will download it without sending any email.

Ciao
    Alessandro

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Reports are on demand, they just get sent via email immediately after. The process that creates reports is now a low priority process so it might take a little time especially on busy, underpowered or hosted systems.

There will be no generation in the console. Its not the right place to do a web report as it takes too much processor usage on busy and hosted systems.

IP 19, if you have an issue with the on demand reports please contact support.

I hope this helps, lets close the subject now :)

7. creative3

Web reports were a useful tool and key selling point when demonstrating 3cx. Many of our customers use web reports. I would vote to have them return.

8. jholcombe

I agree that web reports were very useful, and was disappointed to see it go, but I do understand 3CX concern about CPU usage... Could cause call quality problems when someone is running a report. Could 3CX possibly consider a separate reporting server that would run on separate hardware?

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Would love a read-only DB login that I could leverage from Crystal Reports, Cognos, or even Excel.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be VERY useful!

11. positron

It needs to be handled with CPU priorities. Allow on-demand reports and assign the process a lower priority so it doesn't interfere with other voice processing tasks.

12. securecom

I vote to have this ability re-instated, already have customers asking why they are email only now and are wanting the on-demand in browser ability back.

13. jj3cx

3CX system I deaply know from the very beginning and I have to say that it is properly developed. At the beginning it was very simple system, and now it's something else.
    In my opinion , the step to realease ver.14 without wallborad and Web reporting was about the worst act which I remember in history of 3CX.
    As programmer have now think of a few ways to do this with respect to CPU utilization...
    Second , we are very often in some tenders with competetion with others CC, right now we are working on CC with 800 ext , 50-60 agents. We had to decide to either lose the contract, or install the version 12.5 to get it.
    The Webreports and wallboard are always the main client requirements you must meet in ANY CC systems.
    If the future of 3CX just be another PBX that something is doing well something not so OK.
    But I do not think it is the right way, It's make me sad . Please let's discuss about it, I do not think that this opinion have just me, or yes ?

Thank you in advance to everyone for initiating a serious discussion

14. jj3cx

I have to add that the requirement has been getting feedback from our clients.
    Some from our clients must remain at version 12.5 and have no perspective, it's just a matter of time when you change to another CC system. This we want to achieve?
    The slogan of our company is : There is always a way to solve problems ...
    Let's go to try it !

15. slsupport

Display / Show Reports

Hello,

Until v12.5 we could run the reports on the PBX and export to PDF etc. But email / scheduled email option was unavailable.

v14 has that option now. But the run / show report option is gone. This means to view a report I must always email?

Issues:
    1) Reduced functionality from previous version
    2) Due to the nature of the feature (reports), you sometimes have to run with multiple searches / parameters to get the right data out.. to get to the right data.. I might have to email myself the report 5-6 times depending on the scenario.

Please bring back the ability to view the report, and then if the user wishes he/she can email the report in choice of format (PDF, etc).

Thanks

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Display / Show Reports

FYI: http://www.3cx.com/forums/web-reports-v14-0-rejected-41959.html

17. Jwhittemore

Our company recently purchased the 3CX phone system SC64 and started with v12.5. After a few weeks, we upgraded to v14 and greatly miss the web reports. We are a call center and constantly check individual extensions and calls for reports. Our owners and other managers are very disappointing in the update as the emailed option is very inconvenient. They do like the scheduled reports, but for on-demand, one time reports, it is a hassle.

If this is something that will never change, they are going to make we downgrade back to 12.5 because the web reports is that important.

The Web reports was one of the big selling points to get our owners to purchase the phone system.

18. PaulD

Stored Reports Policy

Hi

The new schedulable reports are great, although I do miss the instant view capability. May I offer some suggestions?

1. Can we have a 'report preview' feature in the console?
    2. Can we have a configurable retention policy and delete stored reports after xx days. Would need to be advised in notification email too.
    3. Can StoredReports be optionally included in backups?

Cheers
    Paul

19. matrix3

Re: Stored Reports Policy

I really miss the on-demand too. We have a lot of clients where it's a low-level supervisor needs to run reports "on-the-fly" for the owner or someone else up the chain, but because of corporate security policy to keep the management interface secure, nobody has access to it but IT so IT has to run the reports. Would be really nice to have this back as a separate site.

20. matrix3

I agree with what Jwhittemore said. Please bring it backup. All of our competitors can do it, why can't we?