Web service post with void function calls

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by SWSDEV, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I thought I'd share, I don't know if this was intentional or not, but as I was having difficulting using the web service component (I was getting an error regarding no root element in the xml) I discovered that you can't call a function that has a void return.

Since I wasn't trying to read any data back from the web service, I couldn't figure out why I was getting an error regarding the return data.

Once I simply had the webservice return "OK" or "ERROR", then the IVR didn't complain about it any more.

This was a SOAP based web service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Thanks for your feedback, maybe this is a bug in the VAD, we'll verify it.
    As a workarround, you can use the Web Interaction component to do that. You can invoke your web service sending a POST request, and the response can be ignored.

3. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Well, if I simply return anything at all it will work. So I just return an "OK" string and it won't crash.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Yes, if you can change the web service, maybe that's the best approach. But if you can't change it, you can use the web interaction component.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.