WebCallDirect problem..

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cwelle, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwelle

Hi there..

I have a small problem with 3CX software.. Anyway i have installed it on a Windows 7 Ultimate PC, and wanted to use it in my office.. I have 7 work places and prettyhigh phone costs :) So, i decided to give it a shot! I wanted to connect it to my WebCallDirect account so that i can use it for cheap EU calls.. I managed to register one IP phone that i have (Linksys SPA941 - or something like that), and installed one softphone (also from 3CX).. Internal calls beetween two phones work as a charm, but somehow i can not manage to dial an outside number..

When i configured my SIP account (WebCallDIrect) there was an option to insert my outgoing number, altho i had none! So i typed some number like i read on this forum.. Anyway now in the log file it says something like this:

00012312312@sip.webcalldirect.net bla bla bla.. Server error internal

So i guess it has to do something with that number i entered.. On the WebCallDirect website it says that i should write my user name in that field but when i do so, 3cx can not save the settings! It asks me for a valid NUMBER.. :(

Dead lock right? :)

Please help me..

Thnx in advance..

2. cwelle

I forgot to tell you..

I am using the latest version of 3CX phone system..

3. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Seems that you have not money on you Webcalldirect account.

4. cwelle

I have more then 50€ on the account that i am using.. Something else must be the problem! :(

Any other idea?

5. cwelle

So here i am again..

I still havent managed to solve the problem with WebCallDirect so i made a screen shot of what i dont know.. Anyway, the computer is in a local network behind a router and i have set its IP in DMZ! So no port forwarding issues there i would say.. On my account i have around 30€ so no problem there ither.. So what shoud i enter in those feilds listed on the image?

Here is the link to my image:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7630/3cx.jpg

I am getting errors all the time in my log file because it tries to log in with 1000@webcalldirect.net and not with my username.. If i set Virtual Extension Number to be my user name and not this 1000, 3cx doesnt let me apply the settings! :(

Please help!?

If this can not be done with webcalldirect, can i use voipbuster, or voipstunt, or something like that?

Thnx in advance..

6. igor.snezhko

It seems that webcalldirect simply not supports SIP. Some Betamax clones not allow calls if you calling from third party application (not from their native client).

7. cwelle

I dont think so.. I also have a frined that has Siemens C455 IP phone and uses WebCallDirect as VoIP provider.. So it is just a VoIP phone no PBX in that config.. Anyway here is the info from webcalldirect website:

http://www.webcalldirect.com/en/sipp.html

Any idea?

8. cwelle

I just solved the problem with webcall direct!

U will not believe how stupid it was!!! Anyway this are the info on http://www.webcalldirect.com website:

General
    SIP port : 5060
    Registrar : sip.webcalldirect.net
    Proxy server : sip.webcalldirect.net
    Outbound proxy server : leave empty
    Account name : your Webcalldirect username
    Password : your Webcalldirect password
    Display name/number : your Webcalldirect username or voipnumber
    Stunserver (option) : stun.webcalldirect.net
    After hours of playing i just tried to change .NET with .COM and everything worked as a charm! Can u belive this?

So if anyone else has the same problem please first try to chane the ending from .net to .com

9. igor.snezhko

I always use IP address, not name. All betamax clones using JUST ONE SIP server :)

10. ajaaskel

cwelle,

Thanks a lot, you solved my problem, too. I wanted to connect using old Grandstream BudgeTone 101. Did not connect whatever I tried. After seen your message I checked ip address of sip.webcalldirect.com and used that 194.120.0.198 address. Connected... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.