Webclient and softphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by datamerge, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Hi

I wanted to use the webclient to get used to it and see how nice it is to live with over the 3CX for Windows app. However, I am a bit stuck and hoping someone can help me get things working better.

I use 3CX for Windows as my softphone. As there is no softphone in webclient at this point, I have to continue using 3CX Windows, but when it is running, I don't get notification sounds or popups in Webclient. I don't want to use a generic softphone as it won't integrate with my web client and my Plantronics headset well.

Is there a workaround so that the 3CX for Windows app can be used for softphone AND the webclient can send through its sounds and toasters?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @datamerge

Please note that the webclient does not send any sounds as all sounds should be coming from the 3cx client. Toasters should work however and you should see a popup when the webclient tab is not in focus. Make sure that notifications are enabled for the webclient site. For example for chrome click on the exclamation mark on the address bar and make sure that notifications are set to allow 2017-11-01_13h58_53.png

3. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Thanks Yiannis

OK, I'll try again. The settings are correct in the browser and it pops up fine when the windows client is not running. It didn't seem to work well when the Windows client was running at the same time and I have competing toasters, etc.

I'll give it a go today. Works well with a physical phone. I think I will ultimately stick to the phone software as I love my BLFs. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.