Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Webclient call no sound

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Soho3cx, Nov 2, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soho3cx

I just tried the 3cx webclient on my Android phone and when I tried to make a call, I cannot hear the other party but they can hear me. Found out that if my Windows 3cx client is opened, the sound goes to the Windows client and not the webclient on my phone.
    How can I resolve this?

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Webclient is not a phone, is a phone assistant, it controls the phone you configure it to. Therefore, on your Android phone you should have both webclient and 3CX client app running simultaneously to have sound there; 3CX client should be registered when you operate the webclient; then, in the webclient, tap the receiver and there select your 3CX client and - voila!

Well, I'm not Android user, so what I just described is just theory, based on my Apple's experience: on Apple, this is possible only on an iPad Pro or newer running iOS10 or newer, in order to support Split Screen (3CX iOS client is "split-screen ready") and to have both apps - Safari browser and client - running. Looks pretty cool and is working OK but, unfortunately, with this model/OS limitations. Otherwise, once the 3CX client enters background, it unregister and freeze to enter the "push mode" and the webclient will no longer be able to control it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Soho3cx

Yes you can make calls from the 3cx Webclient. I'm not exactly sure if we need to have the 3cx app installed but I do on my Android phone. It's not that I cannot make calls from the webclient. I can. I just cannot hear the other person. Once I close the softphone on my Windows PC, I can hear the other person from my webclient.
    If you go to this link (https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/web-client/) and to the part where it says Making Calls, it says:
    Making Calls
    Calls can be triggered from the web client and will be placed on your IP Phone, Softphone or Smartphone. Select which device you want to make calls on using the Phone Selector:
    Also, on my welcome email, it says: "With 3CX webclient you don’t need to install any software.".

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, in this case - my mistake, I didn't not play too much with the webclient, and everytime when I did it I configured it to control one of my development phones (a hardphone, a MAC and iOS client).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    keithshook likes this.
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Soho3cx

The Web client will trigger a call and will place it on your IP phone softphone or smartphone. So the web client cannot be used as a standalone client. It can just trigger a call and send it to a device that it controls. In the web client you can click on the settings icon and under the phone icon you can select which phone you want to control. There appear only supported phones registered to the same extension and 3CX clients.

I would recommend using the Android client to place calls while you are on your Android device because if you start the call with the web client you will need to select the smartphone client as the device you want to control. Then start the call and wait for the call to be send to the Android client.

keithshook likes this.
  6. Soho3cx

So what is the use of the Web client?

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

You, yourself, posted earlier the explaining link
    https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/web-client/
    To me, that page describe very clear the use of the webclient: it's a call assistant. In the sample there, the controlled phone is a snom - and the webclient extends its functionality.

8. Sopock

Sopock Member

#8 Sopock, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.