Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved webclient credentials are sent in welcome email even if webclient is diasabled in extension settings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Shawn, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn New Member

we are on 15.5.3849.1
    the webclient credentials and information is sent in the welcome email even though the webclient check box is not checked under the extension settings.

i would think that if the webclient is not selected under the extensions then the option should not be sent in the welcome email.

is this something that is fixed in later updates or is it something that can be addressed for future versions / revisions?

shawn

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Shawn

No this has not changed but i think that this is intentional so if in the future you decide to grand web client access to that extension, you won't have to resend the welcoming email. Note though that even though this info is included in the welcoming email, if you don't enable that option, the extension won't be able to access the webclient. So no security issue here.
    If however you don't want to send this info in the welcoming email, you can change the email template in Settings >> Email >> Email Templates.
    Just select the Extension Welcome Template and remove anything relevant to the web client.

3. Shawn

Shawn New Member

thank you, that works for me.

shawn

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You are welcome, glad to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.