• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

WebClient Password after Upgrade #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredyWenger

Customer
Reaction score
I have problems (once again >- not the first time) that the local passwords (local access with the webclient) to two new added Yealink T46s where changed thru 3cx to an unknown value, searched for similar problems and thereby found this thread:
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/webclient-password-after-upgrade.59021/

As the tread is closed already (for whatever reason?!?), I had to post this new thread to be able to write something to it...
It’s a very bad idea to remove the "eye icon" and make the work of all admins harder...
The console is for admins not for end users...
If somebody have the console password, he should be able to see all passwords in the console and...
...if he can see the password, if he export an extensions list the solution is not more secure..

So please add the “eye” icon again and make the admin life easier and not harder by every update...

Regarding the local password for the webclient, there definitely is a problem (I don't know where exactly, maybe it's also a problem with the provisioning / update of the set password to the local device (I already have re provisioned and rebooted the devices multiple times and the password showed in the console don't work).
I now have to do a factory reset to the devices, although they are configured and work, as I'm not able to access it via browser as not the in the console showed password is set and I don't know, which password is set actual.

Hello @FredyWenger

When you provision a phone through 3CX the phone is assigned a different password. You can find the password under Extension Settings / Phone Provisioning / Phone Web Page Password. The username is the default one.
The webclient password has nothing to do with the password assigned to the IP phone. These are 2 different values.

The webclient password is hidden from the administrator for privacy reasons as the end user might want to change the password to something personal. Also the admin can provide access to the management console to other users, so they should not be able to see the password for the web client.
If you would like the behaviour to change then i would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Hello @YiannisH_3CXSupport Team

I already have voted (I have seen the voting link after my posting).
With "webclient", I meant the browser to access the phone directly local (not the 3cx weblient).

I have investigated the problem further in detail:
The password to the phone (showed in the console -> password, that I have set) definitively is not the same as the set password on the device (login not possible).
The provisioning has not worked anymore (changes to the device were not applied to the device anymore).
So.. I had to factory reset both devices and then set it to the extension once again in the console (whereby the settings to the device (including my (own) set password) where overtaken from the last try).
The provisioning then has worked one time and the (my own) set password was applied to the device (actual the provisioning don't work - changes in the console are not applied to the device...).

I have strange problems with the Yealink devices since an longer time now, see also this thread:
https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...ink-t46s-dont-work-with-15-5-sp6.59445/page-2

The Yealink devices do not provision with the 3cx, until I import the cert of my provider directly to the device (very bad workaround, but only that I found).

Since today, I'm further not able to access the 3cx console (hosted by the same provider), as FireFox and Google Chrome no longer trust Symantec certs (and RapidSSL -> part of the cert of my provider is part of the "Symantec universe") - fortunately Edge still works...
Link to a German posting to the theme:
https://www.cyon.ch/blog/Aus-die-Maus-fuer-SSL-Zertifikate-von-Symantec

So... I think, I (very unfortunately) have a very special, not easy to comprehend problem especially with the cert of my provider (implicitly with the Symantec cert)....
And.. it's a "moving target" in addition...
It seems, as the provisioning works the first time with a reset device...
I assume, that - by my first try - the 3cx has set automatically a password that was applied to the device.
Later, I have changed the PW in the console, but the changed PW was never applied to the device, as the provisioning has not worked for whatever reason...
As the old settings to the device (with my own PW) to the device were not deleted by the 3cx, my PW was applied to the device by the second try.
But as I wrote, the provisioning actual don't work...
I now hat sent an further email to my provider and hope for a meaningful answer soon (as you know... the hope dies last...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.