• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Webclient shows no phone connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

feestbeestzaandam

New User
Reaction score
I have a good working v15 of 3cx.
Mij fritzbox ans softphones working good.
From intern and extern.
But when i am logging in with the webclient then i got the message: phone not connected.
And cannot make or resieve calls.
When i login with the softphone i see on the pbx that i am loggedin.

If i then login with the same extention on the webclient than the webclient is working fine.

Is this normal?
I want to use some extentions only as a webclient or when the softphone is not loggedin.

Please advice.

Hello @feestbeestzaandam

Please note that the webclient does not work as a stand alone client. You need to have either a supported ip phone or a 3cx client registered on the same extension so that the web client can control them.

Oke i must have a 3cx softphone registered on the same extension.
Must that softphone be connected (pc were the softphone is installed must be on?).

Because if i have the pc on (at home) with the softphone on.
And my wife or children are working on the pc and i am at work or at a trip/vakantion.
I dont want that the can makle calls or reseve them on that extention (work).

To make or receive calls you need a 3cx client or a supported IP phone. When you place a call from the web client, the client controls your 3cx client or IP phone to place that call. So you need a client or a phone to be able to place the call. The audio for the call will go through the 3CX client or your ip phone.Not the web client
https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/web-client/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.