Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Webconference FQDN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alejandro, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alejandro

Hello everybody,
    I have just migrated our enterprises elastix4 to this elastix5=3CX.
    Have a question for which I find no convincing answer... Why does the Webconference FQDN which 3CX automatically creates have the Pattern
    userpart.hostpart.tld -> userpart-hostpart-tld.3cx.net?
    We would like to keep it simple and with our own FQDN not this long thing with 3CX.net. Is that somehow possible? If not, why not?
    Regards,
    Alejandro

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for your question - very valid. I will explain.
    Webmeeting is based on Webrtc and webrtc has some restrictions which are accepted given the flexibility it provides overall.
    The domain part must be trusted server side in order to perform conference creation, webmeeting routing and mix conferences. Webmeeting conferences will not be allowed if they don't come from a trusted domain. This trusted domain is 3cx.net. This is why we are forced to add a Cname to each FQDN - Irrespective of whether it is a 3CX fqdn or a custom private fqdn. If you had to check a 3CX fqdn that for example is mycompany.3cx.us (3CX not custom) you will find out that there is also a CName to mycompany.3cx.net. This part is required for webmeeting to operate. We did not find another workaround for this. Trust me - we really wanted to avoid this.

We thought it would be acceptable. They see your custom hostname so you get the email, click on the link and you join...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.