• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

WebMeeting and browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Waechter

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
We all know WebMeeting only happily runs on Chrome. I have a client that refuses to use Chrome but wants to utilize WebMeeting. Does anybody know of a way to have Chrome be the default browser just for WebMeeting?

What browser are they using?

Microsoft Edge 12. Google Chrome 23. Mozilla Firefox 22. Opera 18 all support WebRTC - don't they? Does WebMeeting only allow Chrome?
I am on a Mac - so Chrome is what I am using as Safari is not supported.

Refuses? And what does this client want to use then?
Tell him this is how it works.
We need a technology called WebRTC and webrtc works from Chrome.

Edge can't even browse properly lately. The only pages that it can navigate reliably are those ending in microsoft.com.

Tell the customer that Firefox can also be used.

Reactions: Matt Waechter
Nicky,
They are stuck in the IE world due to some of their software. I told them it is what it is but I would look into it......I looked. :) Thank you for verifying what I thought.

Yes but on a computer you can have multiple browsers last I checked :) .. Lets for a second assume it worked on edge or ie. Don't they have to switch tabs? Yes. So since you still need to switch tabs, whats the big deal to switch browsers?

Plus you can solve this with multiple monitors - keep the IE on one and chrome on others. OR Windows 10 gives you nice features to dock different apps. there are many things you can do if you want to "merge" apps.

Yes I know that archaic software which is never updated, will force your customers to use old browsers. But I mean not even EDGE has webrtc (cause they want you to use Skype). So even if the product line updates and their software will one day work on Edge, still you will need a browser that is complies with latest internet webrtc standards..

Your clients need to adapt. I think clicking on an open icon in the taskbar and getting a fully fledged webmeeting Audio and video conferencing solution is no big deal. When they want to play around on viber or some other installed application, isn't that what they do. they click somewhere else and get a new app + a new service. Well now they need to have chrome, and they click on chrome when they want to make a meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.