WebMeeting and Yealink VC110

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcp02, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcp02

Hello, has anyone experience using WebMeeting with Yealink VC110 endpoints? How does it work? thanks!

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Creating 3CX WebMeeting Conference (audio and video conferencing) is only possible through a supported web browser (e.g. Chrome) and is not possible through any sort of hardware phone at the moment.

Now if you re asking about a Video Call between 2 endpoint over SIP, one of which being the VC110, I know it is possible with supported device, however at the moment the VC110 is not one of them.

3. mcp02

Thanks for your reply. What would you recommend for endpoint to use WebMeeting in a conference room? Specifically what camera can I use?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As I mentioned before, creating and/or joining a 3CX WebMeeting Conference (audio and video conferencing) is only possible through a supported web browser (e.g. Chrome) and is not possible through any sort of hardware phone at the moment.

Given this, I would say a PC that has a WebCam and a unidirectional microphone connected to it would potentially work if I understand your requirements correctly.

In one of our conference rooms, for 3CX WebMeetings we have the PC connected to a wall-mounted TV as well.

The bear minimum though to get audio and video is:
    - A PC that is running a supported browser (currently only Chrome or Firefox).
    - Speakers.
    - Microphone
    - WebCam

Some more information can be found here: http://www.3cx.com/webmeeting/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.