Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Webmeeting Invitation Reply Address.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by imecom, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imecom

So basically what i want to do is force the users email address as the reply address for webmeeting invitations.

Right now, i can get the system to change the From Display Name to the user that schedules the webmeeting from the 3CX client, but the reply email for that invite is always the default address configured under the email settings of the 3CX server. The problem here is that the meeting acceptance/denys replys are not sent back to the user but rather the default admin email, with more then one agent this is a problem since the agent will not know if the meeting invite was denied.

The template for the invitation email under video conferences clearly states it is for the From Display Name, not the reply address. I am using %%ORGANIZERNAME%% in this field but of course it only affects the display name. how can i dynamically make the reply the users email address?

#1 imecom, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @imecom

Can you please let us know what version PBX you are using and what smtp server do you have configured on the PBX?
    I am using V15 SP% and gmail and the behaviour you are after works by default. The sender of the email is the email address configured under the email settings but the reply to address is the email of the extension sending the email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.