Webmeeting Link Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I create a quick webmeeting by clicking the button using Mac softphone.
    I send to a couple people.
    one person logs in via the email. link they receive.
    the other person says, oh send to this address instead.
    so I click the link button and send it to them via my email.
    they click the link but end up in a new room and I get an email that someone is waiting for me. they are not in the same meeting.
    shouldn't clicking the link get you the link for the room you are in right now?
    (seems to work ok on a scheduled meeting)

also, when I click to add participants - someone is already there... i want the list to start empty. plus it doesn't seem like the email is even sent to this person. (I did clear my browser cache. using Chrome)

finally, maybe send me a copy of the invite so I have the link in my email already.

from the participants list:
    https://domain.3cx.net/join/PNVkf2dCVTA169g7h7Uu06ih

from the link icon and the 'meeting info' button:
    https://domain.3cx.net/open/d3bc480b8a0895ea0e5e230ab87e3f7b96d1656e

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 craigreilly, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Your extension's meeting settings are probably not correctly setup.

Edit this extension and go to the bottom where you'll find a few WebMeeting options. You'll see you have the option to have your QuickMeeting link to work as a Public Room or a Private Room.

Private Rooms and Public Rooms
    1) In 3CX lingo, public room is just what it sounds like. It's a room for everyone to join.
    (Organizer needs to be inside the meeting to get things started)

2) A private room is slightly different. It's a link that you can put on a Website. When someone would lets say click this link, they are redirected into a private meeting room that is automatically created just for them.
    You as the owner of this link should receive a chat notification on your 3CX Client and an e-mail with a LINK. If you click this link, you'll join the same meeting room as this user.

Sounds like you have "Private Room" enabled. Switch it to Public room and everything should be ok.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

ok i get that... still weird if i am in aa conference and share the link that a new meeting is started instead of them coming to my current meeting.
    why not both? publish the link for a private 1 off meeting. and be able to have a quick meeting where I can share the link with others manually.

the link under extension says "behavior when user clicks on the url" which makes you think of the URL that is right there in that window. shouldn't affect the behavior of the url from within a webmeeting.

so I set back to public - but now I can not publish my personal link because i need to start the meeting first.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes understandable. We'll look into possibly changing this.
    I'll explain why it's like this. If you go under Extension > WebMeeting there's an option to create a "Friendly" looking link, right? This friendly looking link is just a nice looking alias for your quick meeting's shareable link.

That's why both the shareable link and the friendly link basically do the same thing. You might be right that it might not make sense that the shareable link is AVAILABLE in a private meeting. This is something we'll look into and see if it makes sense to change.

Right now, this is how it is. It's served us well for some time now.
    What you're saying is not a bad idea though, we'll look into the possibility of actually doing this or something similar to this when we restructure how this part of WebMeeting works.

5. craigreilly

Thanks for considering this. We only recently started getting users embracing the 3CX software instead of paying for other solutions. Been a little bumpy. Getting close though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.