Webmeeting, MultiPlatform/MultiBrowser Support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mdages, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdages

To become 3CX Webmeeting a real alternative to other solutions, it should be more multi-platform and multi-browser capable. Only the usage of Google's Chrome browser is the biggest drawback of 3CX Webmeeting.
    I can't expect that every webmeeting participant using chrome browser and many don't want to install it only for usage of a webmeeting.

-Markus

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Providing support for more Web Browsers is not entirely up to 3CX, due to the fact that 3CX WebMeeting uses Google's WebRTC technology, the browser that the user uses must also be WebRTC compliant. This has also been discussed here:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/webmeeting-in-internet-explorer-44947.html

Given the above, the "MultiBrowser" support also depends on which browsers properly support WebRTC.

What do you mean by "MultiPlatform" though? Having also the option e.g. to join a WebMeeting not using a WebBrowser, but rather with some sort of standalone application when using a WebMeeting-supported browser is not an option?

Until this is clarified I will move the topic back to "3CX Phone System - General" for further discussion. I can always be moved back to the 'Ideas' section once the exact Feature Request is clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.