• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Webmeeting - Nothing happens after entering name and clicking "Join"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanfonash

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this? The same thing happens in both Chrome and Firefox, even when in Private/Incognito mode.

After clicking the join link, I enter my name and click Join - and nothing happens except for the cursor changing to a 'do not enter' circle/red line when hovering over the Join button. It will just sit there all day doing nothing.

Funny thing is that if I disable the camera for the site, and go through the same process, after I click the Join button, it continues then gives me the warning about the camera not being enabled. As soon as I enable the camera, however, I'm back to the same problem.

The issue seems to be tied to certain machines - regardless of the user logged in (and, as I mentioned, whether the browser is used in Private mode or not, so it's not a cookies issues or related to a Chrome extension or anything). Other machines, everything works flawlessly. All machines - working or not - are running the same version of Windows (W10P, all patches/updates), same versions of Chrome/Firefox (latest), and does not matter whether I have admin right on the machines or not.

I have attached the console output of a session that works and one that doesn't - it's pretty obvious which is which. Maybe someone can make sense of what is going on??

Attachments

• vntgimports.3cx.net-1485457682832.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 5
  • vntgimports.3cx.net-1485458310809.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

We've found this issue occurs with specific cameras that act strange/freeze/crash when they are used with some WebRTC applications (on Chrome at least) with some specific resolutions. We believe this could be a bug with WebRTC it's self and we'll be looking into it eventually with Google's WebRTC team on whether that's the case.

I've had a couple of people complain about this happening to them so far. It seems that the case is something like, when their camera is attempted to be activated by WebRTC with a specific resolution, some cameras can internally crash or stop responding and this causes them not to work until they are unplugged and plugged back in. If you try to use your camera with Google Hangouts you should notice the same problem as it also runs on WebRTC.

Now, the issue that you are not logged in, is a bug that we are aware of and will fix in due time. It's expected that you should be able to login, just that your camera will not be able to work. (Not until this WebRTC issue is resolved by google at least).

Here's a couple of test sites:
-WebRTC Test: https://test.webrtc.org/ This should give you flying colours.
-Resolution Selection: https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/getusermedia/resolution/ If VGA and HD doesn't work for you, then most likely your camera doesn't properly support the basic resolutions required for WebRTC (Or your camera is internally frozen, unplug and plug back in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.